Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Been Given Ipaq3950..need advice
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Been Given Ipaq3950..need advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PCPocket
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Been Given Ipaq3950..need advice Reply with quote

Hi There,

Basically i've just been given a compaq ipaq3950 by a relative whom bought it a while back, used it once and boxed it up again (needs new battery, which i have just ordered).
What i'd like to know is, just what can i get for this (slightly old)model of pda. Iam interested in setting up sat nav(in car) on it, is this possible, if so what do you guys recommend?
Any help much appreciated. I've been to the tom tom site and it doesnt list my device as being supported for tom tom 5. But i've read on here that people have it working on a 3950 - so am a bit confused.

Look forward to any help you can bring my way Smile

Lee
PS if you require any further details, ie rom version etc just shout, as i have it hooked upto the mains at side of me(hope the batt is here soon)
PCPocket
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone point me in the right direction - is it possible to buy a gps wired product/software and holder etc for this model of ipaq???

Tom tom s site is worse than useless, it doesnt even mention the 3950, in fact not any compaq models at all (just HP).

i do know at one point it was supported as i have a link to a review of the 3950 and tom tom 2...

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/tomtomnavigator2.php
krash
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in exactly the same situation!

My dad's won an ipaq rx3400 and hasn't really got much use for it and I said "I'll have that" :D

I've ordered a bluetooth GPS receiver and a 512MB SD memory card

I have the software already so I think all I need to do is to hook it all up when the gear arrives.

So anyway I'm not sure whether yours does bluetooth if not you can get a wired GPS receiver, software, and enough storage for the software/maps and away you go!

I would be interested in a dummy's guide for setting this all up on a pocket PC though

I'm pretty new to GPS so existing members please correct me if I'm wrong!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: