Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Which Phones Really Do Work with TTG 700??
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Which Phones Really Do Work with TTG 700??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jum
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Which Phones Really Do Work with TTG 700?? Reply with quote

I've been the proud owner of a TTG 700 for several weeks now and having read many messages on this forum re. phone setup, connection problems etc. I wanted to know if anyone (!!) has managed to get their phone to a) work with handsfree and b) traffic, at the same time????

I've tried my TTG with both a Nokia 6630 and 6310i and neither can do both. If I want just handsfree or just traffic then no probs but not both together. My provider is Orange on both of the phones but I guess it makes little odds which network provider you are with, more down to what the phone can do.

I've taken a look at the TomTom approved phone list and it's clearly not correct as it lists the 6630 as a supported phone which in my experience it is not. So, before I rush out this weekend and buy a new phone can anyone out there confirm that their phone does what it says on the tin???!!

Thanks in advance.
radavis
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 6230 works very well at handsfree and traffic at the same time. The only problem I had was transfering the phonebook on to the Go. To solve it I created a Contacts .txt file.

SMS works well also.

Raymond
TopBear
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update your 6230 to the latest firmware version (v5.5) for the full functionality to be available.

Mines now does the phonebook transfer (havent configured the traffic updates but it offered to do it), whereas it wouldnt with the older firmware v4.44

Find out which version of firmware you have by pressing *#0000# and if the handset is still under warranty, it will be done FOC!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: