Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ipaq hw6910???
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ipaq hw6910???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gardgas
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Ipaq hw6910??? Reply with quote

Hi, an enquirie sort of related to GPS but hopefully someone better qualified than myself can help. Whilst on holiday in Spain I came across an Ipaq HW 6910 smart phone with integrated GPS at an incredibly good price. The box was printed in English but alas when turning the unit on its in Spanish. This is a long shot and I am guessing what the replies will say, but is it possible to change the language of the OS?.
Thanks in advance...
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes but from from memory youd have to reflash the ipaq with an english from from the hp site of one from xda developers this can be risky as it can turn your device in to a brick if you get it wrong

have look on ebay and places like expansys for a gps mobile phone

or i have a couple of xdas for sale though they do not have gps built in im sure i can find a gps unit somewhere that will work with it

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
kam1966
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I work for HP and asked a colleague in that division. You would have to reflash the device, and whilst it's no more difficult than doing an existing English OS, please be careful as getting it wrong would render useless. I was advised that our customer services have had no reports of the firmware upgrade failing, so good luck!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: