Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Big Thanks
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Big Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay-Lincs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Big Thanks Reply with quote

Well from someone who knew f all about sat nav I have progressed to someone who still knows f all about sat nav but thanks to the help of reading posts and posting questions myself on this site, have a well functioning sat nav set up.

I am running TTN5 with TT BT GPS on a Hp 4700. No problems after downloading the patch so now running 5.01.

Thanks to this site I have found the wonderful world of Brodit mounts and have transformed my dash into the flight deck of concorde. Ipod, phone and 4700 all neatly fixed in position. I have also found a great BT hands free kit - parrot - would be nice to get the 4700 to talk to it but hey one step at a time.

Although I still have a few issues to iron out I am now at peace with the world and am not getting lost anymore. I would also like to thank the guys at Gloabal Positioning for a very quick delivery of the kit.

All in all I know I would not have found such an easy road to sat nav without the help of this site. It is very tempting when you check out some web sites to buy cheap bundles. Its only when you read reviews and listen to others experiences that you can really make informed choice.

I have also found the TomTom plus services very good, I now have John Cleese directing me and have got several maps of florida loaded ready for my holiday.

So once again many thx guys - Ja
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Big Thanks Reply with quote

Jay-Lincs wrote:
I have also found a great BT hands free kit - parrot - would be nice to get the 4700 to talk to it but hey one step at a time.

Check out if the ipaq will support "Audio gateway" - that way you can route the PDA sound over the Bluetooth into the headset, and save the speaker in the IPAQ - Mike
Jay-Lincs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike will take a look at the 4700 manual and see if it does. The BT unit I have actualy uses the radio speakers whilst cutting the sound from the radio, sp it will be cool if it does support it

Regards Ja
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which BT unit are you using, and which radio head unit is in use as I am sure others would be interested in finding out how to "play" TT through the car system via an in built unit - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: