Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Connecting BT 338 to SPV M2000 to use TTN 5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Connecting BT 338 to SPV M2000 to use TTN 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NU2GPS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Connecting BT 338 to SPV M2000 to use TTN 5 Reply with quote

Hi Clever People,

I just can't get my 'NEW' BT 338 to connect to my SPV M2000. I have followed the instructions and can get a Bluetooth connection but I don’t think I’m using the right com port and then it drops the connection as I’m trying to set-up TTN 5

The Bluetooth works on my SPV M2000 as I have paired items in the past, and the lights flash as they should do on the BT338, and it gets a satellite fix.

I think it's the com ports, also TTN 5 does not seem to have as many settings as TTN 3 which I have used in the past.

Can anyone advise me or point me in the right direction! Laughing

All help gratefully received.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Bluetooth settings find out what the outgoing serial port is. Then in TTN5, select "Other BT receiver, and from the port list select that one. You may have to scroll down and tap-and-hold to see the port.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
NU2GPS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your help.

My out going com port is 6, so I have set TTN 5 to Bluetooth Serial Port 6, but still TTN 5 reports there is no GPS device!

Also the Bluetooth connection becomes unconnected, as the blue LED on the BT338 starts to flash slower.

I have also paired the BT338 to the SPV M2000.

and I tried closing TTN 5 and starting-up again after I selected the com port.

I have noticed that the com port on the SPV M2000 can be changed, should I do this?

Confused
NU2GPS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm back again, I tried this from another postin and it worked.

In Tom Tom 5 select other cable NMEA GPS NOT Other Bluetooth GPS, set baud to 38400 and choose Com Port 6.

well what about that then!

I hope this info can help other people.

Laughing
Brightlands100
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish it did help. This is driving me nuts too. I also have an Orange SPV M2000 and the only Port options available after selecting Cable NMEA GPS are:-Infared port, Com9, Serial cable on COM1, COM2, BT UART, Serial on USB, Bluetooth Serial Port COM6 and Bluetooth Serial Port COM% - none of which work.

I also have the problem where the bluetooth connection drops out which trying to configure the Port settings in TOMTOM5.

Any further advice gratefully accepted.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- select other Cable NMEA GPS
- select Bluetooth Serial Port COM6 and speed 38400
- make sure your receiver is actually set to NMEA. If it is set to SiRF then this won't work.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Brightlands100
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the very quick reply Lutz! Can you please tell me how to make the change from SiRF to NMEA on the receiver?
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need a PC with Bluetooth, and then you use SiRFDemo to switch between the modes.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Brightlands100
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry Lutz. I tried every port one after the other and found one to work! Yippee! :D
edt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NU2GPS wrote:
Hi,

I'm back again, I tried this from another postin and it worked.

In Tom Tom 5 select other cable NMEA GPS NOT Other Bluetooth GPS, set baud to 38400 and choose Com Port 6.

well what about that then!

I hope this info can help other people.

Laughing

Certainly DID help thanks v m.. never would have tried that in a million years!! So what the deal with that, then....?!!!
Ed
maz131969
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Am new to this forum, but have an SPV M2000, a globalsat 338 and TomTom5. I have had the unit and PDA working on TOmTOm3, but have been unsucessful getting it working with TomTOm5.

In TomTOm3, I could select the sirfstar II setting and got it working fine. The problem is with the setting sfor TT5. I just can't get it to work. I don';t have a PC with bluetooth so can't use Sirfdemo, but have used CEmonitor to try to connect things. The upshot is that in sirfstarIII mode, no problems seeing sat's on COM6, but I just can't switch to NMEA mode at all, so can't connect up to TT5.

I'm having real problems, and have tried most fo the advice from above. Another option is eprhaps that the NMEA mode on my BT338 is just plain broken, but not knowing how to check for this, I haven't a clue.

Any help from any one of you guys, or any one else out there will help make this guy extremely happy.

Many thanks in advance.
Andywb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: SPV M2000, BT338 and TTN5 Reply with quote

Not a solution but if it makes you feel any better I am having exactly the same problems TTN 3 worked fine with my SPV M2000 and BT338 but when I installed TTN5 no joy. Having failed with a cracked copy of TTN5 I have even purchased a proper copy of TTN5 and installed the 5.1 upgrade. I've tried configuring as "other bluetooth GPS" "other cable NMEA GPS" and all the different port options although I think on the M2000 it should be com6 as that is what worked with TTN3. Still no joy. It's driving me mad, why did I bother with TTN5? Any help/suggestions gratefuly received!!!
maz131969
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a breakthrough.

If you take the battery out of the BT338 for a good couple of minutes, "let it reset to defaults" it switched to NMEA mode for me without a problem automatically it seems. Can connect to TT5 with no problem. Do updates upt o 5.1 though - keyboard problem with SPV2000.

I couldn't use the GPS tester included - doesn't seem very good. Try downloading cemonitor and switching to NMEA through that. It worked for me. Hope this helps.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: