Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Traffic Updates all the same
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Traffic Updates all the same
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rtj70
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: TomTom Traffic Updates all the same Reply with quote

Turned on TomTom Traffic for TT5 NAVIGATOR two days ago now. First evening/morning there was a problem with the traffic server (discussed in another thread) but then later on I thought great I can get traffic updates.

But now whenever I start TT5 and update traffic, the incidents are always the same. Even tried an update in the early hours of Friday morning but no difference. There always seem to be 190 incidents.

Any ideas? I'm running with GB Plus map if that makes a difference, using an HP iPAQ 2210.
rtj70
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody else replied to say I'm wrong so I'll reply myself.

I've been checkign some of the incidents via TomTom traffic with other sources. Some match up and some probably wouldn't be on the others because TomTom is comprehensive with incidents others might not report. Happy with that.

But the local ones are wrong near Stockport. At 2am it still has slow traffic. So then this has me wondering what's up, having just subscribed. Also total incidents since I started is always 190...

To top it all, TomTom added 20 min to one of two usual routes home from Birchwood (near Risley) so went M6/M56. But it did not know of the queue M6 J23-21 southbound but STILL thought M6 21-21a north was slow. But north fine, south SLOW.

Is this an ITIS server feed to TOMTOM problem or is this the level of quality?

And 'cos server down at TOMTOM and I wanted traffic, skipped trial and went for 12 months :-(
dionysus1975
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:33 am    Post subject: Re: TomTom Traffic Updates all the same Reply with quote

rtj70 wrote:
Turned on TomTom Traffic for TT5 NAVIGATOR two days ago now. First evening/morning there was a problem with the traffic server (discussed in another thread) but then later on I thought great I can get traffic updates.

But now whenever I start TT5 and update traffic, the incidents are always the same. Even tried an update in the early hours of Friday morning but no difference. There always seem to be 190 incidents.

Any ideas? I'm running with GB Plus map if that makes a difference, using an HP iPAQ 2210.

OK, it's not a UK only problem. Since 2nd August we in the Netherlands have 7 incidents. Now it's almost 4 days without any update. I mailed tomtom, but.... no response
drummer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Traffic, on the GB map, seems to have been stuck on the same 225 incidents since Friday.

Can anyone please check their Traffic to see how many incidents they see.
I want to make sure that the problem isn't with my setup.

To do this:

Select Browse Map
Options
Tick Traffic
Tap Done
Tap on a Traffic incident Icon
You should then see the total number of incidents on the top left corner of the screen.

Thanks in advance.
rtj70
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see only 190 incidents in total but I know they have not changed since Thursday (obviously not checked all of them). Suspicions aroused when the total incidents stuck at 190 and I saw incidents near to home that I knew were not there. I also spotted some accidents on the map that have not "cleared" (near Hereford).

How do we get this fixed, because TomTom have hopeless support.
realistic
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to seem a bit dumb but:-
How do you know how many incidents? Mine only shows any if on the planned route.
Cheers
Mike
rtj70
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bearing in mind mine has had the same update since I got it (but it downloads it each time), I did the following, with or without a route planned:

1. Click on Traffic and select Update traffic info
2. Click on Traffic and Browse Map, wait for it to complete update (Green circle in top left)
3. Click on any incident, it downloads details and in the top left it says 1/190, i.e. incident 1 of 190.

Note even without a route planned there are incidents all over the map. For example south of Hereford there are icons showing two accidents --- and those accidents have been there since at least Friday according to TomTom traffic.

Is anyone else seeing the same problems?
realistic
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you just updated and got 225
Mike
drummer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

realistic wrote:
Thank you just updated and got 225
Mike

That's the same number as I have had since Friday. Looks like traffic is definitely frozen.
drummer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just checked (10:20am) and traffic seems to be OK now. It shows 32 incidents. :D
rtj70
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still get the same 190 incidents with some I know are not there... Sad

Tried a hard reset and a re-install of TT yesterday and that made no difference.
Digitore
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem as everyone else (no change of incidents since Friday) but I'm only seeing 114 on the screen. Posted a question to TomTom but they rarely answer with anything meaningful or constructive.
Digitore
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, just had a reply from Tomtom it reads:-

"We apologize for the delay in replying to your query.
Could you please write us which is the area in which you experienced or are experiencing this problem?
We will be able to contact our traffic provider and check why traffic information is not updated in your area."

This implies the data can be different depending where you live. I live near York and can see no delays south of Milton Keynes.

Also tried a reset account but nothing.
dionysus1975
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digitore wrote:
Ah, just had a reply from Tomtom it reads:-

"We apologize for the delay in replying to your query.
Could you please write us which is the area in which you experienced or are experiencing this problem?
We will be able to contact our traffic provider and check why traffic information is not updated in your area."

This implies the data can be different depending where you live. I live near York and can see no delays south of Milton Keynes.

Also tried a reset account but nothing.

Strange, very strange,

Which support area did you try. In Holland, we desperately are trying to mail the support, but they don't answer. Here we already have a week the same traffic info.
realistic
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is showing fog near J10 M4 8O

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: