Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problem with TT5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with TT5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faramoggy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Problem with TT5 Reply with quote

Have been running TT3 with BT338 via bluetooth no problem. Now upgraded (??) to TT5 and several things happen:
1. The screen map is all grey - no setting of daytime coulurs makes any difference
2. I have to kick start the GPS to get streamed data
3. and most important - the TT5 s/w says there is no GPS data.

I have tried every combination and gone over all the help (??) files on the TomTom site. I took TT5 off and put it back

I am stumped - GPS data is definitely getting into my pda (HP4700) but TT ain't doing anyting with it

Ideas ?
faramoggy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having read the thread below, I don't hold out much hope - sounds like TT have done a microsoft on us and we are the bug finders.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=22480&start=30&postdays=0&postorder=desc&highlight=

I have put TT3.07 back on and guess what - GPS runs fins, nave runs fine, no memory of config probs... what a wast of 4 hours !

Now as TT take ages to answer anything, what do you think the odds are of getting my money back ? (oh and does this mean I am invialoation of the license... sue me !)
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi faramoggy,

I'm running TTNav 5.10 on two PDAs (iPAQs 2210 and 4700) and I'm using a GlobalSat BT-338 with both of them.

You need to configure TTNav with the following:
Arrow Other Cable NMEA GPS
Arrow GPS baud rate 38400
Arrow Bluetooth Serial Port COM8:

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
faramoggy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Privateer,

I tried those settings and nothing.

TomTom actually replied to my posting to them quickly (amazing). They offered me a refund, but suggested I try again first. It will have to wait a couple of weeks now.

1. Would it be better to do a hardware reset of the 4700 (ie clearr everything to virgin), and then put TT5 on - I just have a feeling there is something strange with the bluetooth drivers ?

2. How do you backup your address book from the 4700 to protect it (I always had an onld PDA I just IR'd to before ?

3. As you seem to have it working, do you have the memory leakage issue many people seem to have ? http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=22480&start=0

Thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: