Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Backing up Check point settings
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Backing up Check point settings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BarMuda
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Backing up Check point settings Reply with quote

I have had a few problems with my hardware and have had to reinstall everything over and over on new devices or following a hard reset.

Eachtime i install Checkpoint, i then have to configure all the POI's with the speed settings and links to the wav files. Does anyone know where this configuration file is stored so that i can back it up? I dont see where it can be on the PDA.
Will it work if i install Checkpoint and then move the configuration file over?

Thanks in advance
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best option is to use Sprite Backup Premium it will backup your PDA including the SD card to the PC as well as making a executable backup on the SD card.
Running restore from the PC will totally restore the PDA and SD card to how it was when you did the backup.
The executable on the SD card will allow you to restore the system if you are away from your PC.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
BarMuda
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Great Software, although its seems a little extreme to backup 50 mb when the config file is probably just a few kb. Wink

At least i am backed up for now. :D

I would still like to know what file i need to back up though, as i have had 8 replacement orange M2000's in as many months and although this software is good, im not sure how it would behave if i installed a backup on to a different device. It may not perform well.
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BarMuda wrote:
Thanks. Great Software, although its seems a little extreme to backup 50 mb when the config file is probably just a few kb. Wink

At least i am backed up for now. :D

Whilst it may seem extreme, the reason is that a restore will completely restore after a hard reset of the PDA back to how it was including all the PDA settings and all installed software, activation codes and port settings.
My backup file is 157MB, takes about 10 minutes to complete.

[qiote]I would still like to know what file i need to back up though, as i have had 8 replacement orange M2000's in as many months and although this software is good, im not sure how it would behave if i installed a backup on to a different device. It may not perform well.[/quote]
Not sure what the effect would be doing a restore to a new device as the backed up data may not be compatable with a new device.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: