Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN5 Failed to Start
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN5 Failed to Start

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul.raeburn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: TTN5 Failed to Start Reply with quote

I have been using TTN5 for some time now with 5.10 and the hack and it seems to work fine, only to find that I have just try to open TomTom and get an error message 'Failed to Start'.

I have completed a soft reset of my HX 4700 and still the same problem. Has anybody got any ideas.

Regards - Paul
paul.raeburn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now completed a uninstall, a soft reset and re-install and still get the same error....

Paul
infiltrator
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try an uninstall, then a hard reset of your pocket pc.. and if it`s still not working then download a registry editor for pocket pc and after you have uninstalled your tomtom fotware perform a search through the registry and delete everything which is called tomtom or something like that..
Then you should be able to solve your problem... I think
infiltrator
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try an uninstall, then a hard reset of your pocket pc.. and if it`s still not working then download a registry editor for pocket pc and after you have uninstalled your tomtom software perform a search through the registry and delete everything which is called tomtom or something like that..
Then you should be able to solve your problem... I think
paul.raeburn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I did what was suggested and yes it work, done a 6 hour round trip, I have not used it now for two days, and I get 'Failed To Start' message again.

anyone any ideas.
cm-mojo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if this helps, but i was having problems starting TT5 on my pp. I found that when i freshly installed TT5 it worked all fine, but then after a while would not open again properly, no message, just wouldnt start.

I eventually tracked it down to whether the maps were on the SD Card or not, and when i took the maps off, the software loaded. this seemed a bit odd, and eventually i figured out that after a few uses, my SD Card would become un readable by the PocketPC, and so Tomtom could not load the maps of the SD Card. everytime i formatted the card it would work fine for a bit, then all of a sudden the pocket pc would not be able to access the card and i'd have to start again.

I have had a replacement sent free of charge by Kingston and have found that it seems to have solved the problem. So if you can, see if you can get another memory card, install the program onto this and see if you get the same problems, if not, then its probably something to do with your card. Kingston cards have a lifetime warranty BTW.!
paul.raeburn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the same is for a CF card, I will try

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: