Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom map compatibility
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom map compatibility

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomo1340
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Tomtom map compatibility Reply with quote

It has been mentioned on a previous thread but I am seeking clarification as to whether the Go SD card maps will work with TTN5?

Many thanks in advance.
tomo1340
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please help! I travel to France soon and I am desperate. Does any know if the Go SD card maps are compatible with TTN5?
radavis
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A short while ago I asked the opposite question "Whether Go maps would work on Navigator" as both were included in the Naviagtor upgrade. The answer I got was yes. they would work. So I would assume the opposite is true.
tomo1340
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, I was just a little (by this I mean a lot) unsure as I heard that TTN3 maps are not even compatible with TTN5. I am just reluctant to buy unless I am sure. Can anyone else offer some solid advice. I am very new to this forum and only been a GPS user for one week!

Cheers

Tomo
tomo1340
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just came accross this site E-BOWL TOMTOM MAPS It says that this particular map is compatible with TTN5, is it likely that all Go maps are compatible? What do you chaps and chapesses think?[/url]
TuurG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, GO and TTN5 use the same maps. Maps of Western Europe offers you to install to GO, Palm or PocketPC.
tomo1340
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent, and on this advice I will purchase, muchy very thanks!
radavis
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The price on the website seems a little steep, it may be worth looking around for something a little cheaper.

Have a look at this link http://www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk/search.php?search=TomTom+Go+Map+of+Western+Europe+on+CD+For+TomTom+Go+300%2F500+%26+TomTom+Navigator+5&x=11&y=10
tomo1340
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou mate, I have cancelled with the other company and gone with your suggestion! Much appreciated! :D
jewelcrown
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looked at both sites recommended E-Bowl is offering guranteed next day Free delivery. Considering that, the price is not very steep.

I have just placed an order and their customer service department confirmed next day delivery. Will let you know whether it arrives as promised.

http://www.e-bowl.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2200
tomo1340
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jewelcrown wrote:
Looked at both sites recommended E-Bowl is offering guranteed next day Free delivery. Considering that, the price is not very steep.

I have just placed an order and their customer service department confirmed next day delivery. Will let you know whether it arrives as promised.

http://www.e-bowl.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2200

I cancelled my ebowl order and went with the other company, it arrived next day. one thing to note is you need at least a 512 card to install the maps as my new 256 (which is only 241 BTW?!?!?!) won't take the france map so I have had to buy a new card, opted for a 1gb high speed jobby, will use the 256 for misc docs or a spare for the camera1
Countryman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Tomtom map compatibility Reply with quote

tomo1340 wrote:
It has been mentioned on a previous thread but I am seeking clarification as to whether the Go SD card maps will work with TTN5?

Many thanks in advance.

I have just spoken to a very helpful guy at Global Positioning Systems and he tells me that the 'TomTom Navigator 5 & GO Classic/300/500 Maps of Western Europe' at £99.95 will only work on the Go box and are not compatible with TTN5 on a pocket PC (ie iPAC).

For pocket PCs you need the 'TomTom Navigator 5 Software & Maps of Western Europe' at £139.95.

Another case of TomTom making things extremely complicated so that they can screw the last $$ out of you!

(Queue: the 'you've never had it so good TT moles... Twisted Evil )
Horndean
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Countryman, TomTom told me that the Maps of Europe (excluding the Navigator 5 program) will be availiable end if July early August which, hopefully, will be cheaper than buying the whole lot. I'd still like to be able to download a single map as and when required. I'll keep dreaming.
Maxi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Tomtom map compatibility Reply with quote

Countryman wrote:
I have just spoken to a very helpful guy at Global Positioning Systems and he tells me that the 'TomTom Navigator 5 & GO Classic/300/500 Maps of Western Europe' at £99.95 will only work on the Go box and are not compatible with TTN5 on a pocket PC (ie iPAC).

So why is it called 'TomTom Navigator 5 & GO Classic/300/500 Maps of Western Europe' if it doesn't work on TTN5? It is compatible - it even says on Global Positioning System's website.

Countryman wrote:
For pocket PCs you need the 'TomTom Navigator 5 Software & Maps of Western Europe' at £139.95.

But that includes the full TTN5 software - if you already bought TTN5 with GB maps you dont want to fork out on the software aswell you just want the extra maps.

Countryman wrote:
Another case of TomTom making things extremely complicated so that they can screw the last $$ out of you!

Sounds like its your mate at Global Positioning Systems trying to make extra money out of you.
jewelcrown
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Maps of western Europe Reply with quote

My Western europe maps which I ordered from E-Bowl yesterday, arrived today. The wrapper on the product states "Maps of Western Europe " TomTom Go Series TomTom Navigator 5

On the back cover it states that compatible with TomTom Go 300/500 and Tom Navigator 5,

So it is compatible with TomTom Navigator 5 if you have already bought the Navigator 5 software with UK Maps.

I learnt from E-Bowl support guy that a new product TomTomNavigator 5 is being released soon which contains both TomTom Navigator 5 software and the Maps of western europe.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: