Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Acer p600 series problems...
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Acer p600 series problems...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lepric0n
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:55 am    Post subject: Acer p600 series problems... Reply with quote

Hello.

I have an Acer p600 series (model p615 navigation) and i recently have some weird problems when i tried to connect it via ActiveSync (version 4.5) with my pc (Windows XP - SP2 with all the updates).
Since 2 weeks ago my Acer worked fine, but one day, the screen freezes, i did an hard reset.. and since than, it boot up till Acer screen and stuck there. When i tried to activesync it to my XP to modify the registry or some other problems... the XP can't see it. The Acer sings like it's sinconyzing, the windows see it (Microsoft USB Sync - at device manager), but ActiveSync can't connect to it, and it sais that the device is not connected. On the screen of the Acer, the connection window doesn't show up.

What should i do at this point, since i can't get into it to modify, install or uninstall progs?!

PS: i was thinking that an recovery SD card, and to boot up from SD card can solve my problem, but on my CoPilot 6 DVD i don't have suck kind on stuff.
PS*: i can acces the bootloader menu, and there i can choose to boot up from USB cable, but if i choose that, windows can't recognize the usb device, and ask for a driver, driver that i don't have, and i didn't find it on internet or acer/alk support page.

Please help me solving my problem.

Best regards!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the device not connected to the PC slide the reset/ power switch to off then on, next press the power button to switch the device on, if it boots up at this point:

Tap Settings
Tap Misc
Tap Back to Factory Default
Tap OK

This should put the device back to how it was when you took it out of the box - Mike
lepric0n
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.

When i switch ON with Power button pressed, i got 5 seconds to touch the screen to enter into the boot menu. Here i have 5 other options: USB (for service USB cable - for what i don't have drivers, and winXP sp2 doesn't reconize it), SD/MMC (for OS image an SD/MMC card - i think), CONFIG (in this menu i have Info, Auto/Manual Boot, Save, Clean Boot and Exit) and WINCE.
I tried all the menus, and options. I even open up the box, and pull out the battery, i tought that it's more than a hard reset. Nothing. It start up normally and stuck at some point (before loading the desktop icons).

I think the solution is to write on an SD card the OS image of Win CE Core 5.0 and install it all over again.

I'm waiting other thoughts about my problem.

Thank you and best regards!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How old is the device? if its within waranty period I would send it back for rectification, the chances of being able to re-flash the ROM on the device (which is what it sounds like it needs) are very slim. - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: