Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom 500 will not connect to vodafone live service
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom 500 will not connect to vodafone live service

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hedgehog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Tom Tom 500 will not connect to vodafone live service Reply with quote

I have recently bought the Tom Tom 500 and I'm very happy with it, however I cannot access the Plus services due to the inability of the Tom Tom and my mobile phone, a Motorola V525 on a 'Pay as you talk' tarriff to connect to the GPRS service which my phone is compatible with. I have tried many and varied combinations of input to the Tom Tom and my mobile phone without any luck (I have used the settings as supplied by the vodafone web site). Is there anyone out there who could shed some light on this subject and possibly help me get my Tom Tom to connect to the Plus services as it should.

Very many thanks in anticipation
radavis
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the Vodafone pay as you talk service offer full GPRS internet access?

Has you sim card been fully activated for GPRS?

What is the inabilty you mentioned?

The answer to these 3 questions may help us provide a solution to your problem.

PS Your phone is not to the TomTom list as having been tested to work with the 500.

Raymond
radavis
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outline what your problems have been as even though its not on the list we may be able to get it to work to some degree.

It may not be the ideal first step, but you could try an Orange pay as u go sim card, they are known to provide full GRPS access just to make sure its the phone rather than the sim (Just an idea).
hedgehog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I think your answer at the end is actually the problem I have. In other words my mobile phone although GPRS enabled is not compatable with the Tom Tom 500 and therefore will not work.
hedgehog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice, however I have today just managed to configure my mobile phone (Motorola V525 and the TOM TOM Go 500 to access the plus services. The setup information, after extensive reseraching, can be found at:

http://www.filesaveas.com/gprs.html

The link below has all the settings for access to GPRS services from a variety of network providers (the vodafone information worked for me).

Anyway thanks again for attempting to sort out my problem but hope the info at the link above will be helpful to many other Tom Tom users who are also experiencing conectivity problems.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: