Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom navigater with HI-203E GPS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom navigater with HI-203E GPS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omaruk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Tom Tom navigater with HI-203E GPS Reply with quote

does the red led come on, is it blinking or steady, if nothing on then send it back
Ron wales
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Tom Tom navigater with HI-203E GPS Reply with quote

I have to reset my PDA every time I use Tom Tom. It isn't recognised by my PC when I dock it without resetting.
Bigdrinks
Occasional Visitor

Ron

Another thought, Have you tried a 're-set' of your PDA ? You know how tempremental these things are !
Dave
Frequent Visitor

No, if you've got direct power to the GPS then it shouldn't be an issue.
Ron wales
Occasional Visitor

Just a thought.

The GPS did work and has just stopped.

Could this be caused by loss of charge in the litheum battery?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

COM1 is the serial port at the bottom of your Pocket PC (and is the case for 99% of Pocket PC's), any cables connected to this port should be designated COM1 (or in TomTom's case Serial Cable on COM1). I believe Toshiba's are different though.

TomTom Navigator driver basically looks at COM1, but can and does use other specific features to fine tune it more towards a Leadtek 9531 which is what the TomTom Navigator GPS is. Haicom GPS and COM1 as Bigdrinks suggests, but if you're having a problem it's sometimes best to go back to basics and just try the NMEA driver as nothing fancy will be done with this.
Ron wales
Occasional Visitor

Dave,

Can you explain, I only have COM3, IRDA Connection, Serial Cable on COM1 or Serial on USB available?

Francois,

My GPS has about 6 feet of cable, it sits in a tidy net behind my seat at head height.
Francois
Occasional Visitor

By placing your receptor on a thermic windscreen prevents the receptor from functioning correctly even though you have your roof down. You have to place it outside the car (in this case, you will have to buy an extension). If you have your roof up, you can try placing your receptor against your passenger window. This may overcome the thermic problem
Dave
Frequent Visitor

You should really be using the NMEA 4800 COM1 driver.
Ron wales
Occasional Visitor

In answer to omaruk, I have an MX5, currently with the roof permanently down.

Bigdrinks, it is checked Tom Tom Navigator GPS and Serial Cable on COM1, is this correct?
Bigdrinks
Occasional Visitor

Ron is your GPS screen 'checked' for 'Haicom gps' and 'COM1' on the dropdown menus ?
omaruk
Regular Visitor

Ron what car do you have? It may be the windscreen blocking the signal. Try moving the GPS unit out of the car, does the GPS get a better signal then?
Ron wales
Occasional Visitor

Darren,

My GPS status has nothing live, everything is greyed down.

Ron
Darren
Frequent Visitor

Can you swicth to the GPS Status App and tell us if it is receiving any data from the GPS? The first thing to check is if data is being received indicated by the line of black dots moving from left to right.

If this is working we then need to know if any satellites are being seen and the number indicated by the bars.

Let us know the results and we can take help further.
Ron wales
Occasional Visitor

Thanks, the GPS did work.

Now although the red light is on steady the PDA just states that it is unreliable

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: