Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Handnav Technology
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Handnav Technology
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geraint
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Handnav Technology Reply with quote

Has Chetan gone into hiding? He doesn't answer his phone any more...

TomTom for iPhone v1.9
App version: 8.300 (777309)
Map: Western Europe v875.3668
sony23
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep I second that, got a tomtom bluetooth from them last month but it is missing a peice, tried emailing and ringing them but they dont reply or answer there phone, best go to www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk
had a problem with a new pda got from them and they exchange it streight away no problems. 5 day turn a round, wont buy from any one else great company.

Bruce
paulbo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'fraid I've got to report the same - I ordered a Brodit mount from him a couple of weeks back, he sent me the wrong one, and since then, I've not been able to get him on the phone (either rings indefinitely or is engaged). I've tried emails, and had no response.

I understand mistakes happen, but it ended up with me doing the running around with Brodit in Sweden, and Nemesis in the UK to prove he'd shipped me the wrong one.

Sounds to me like he's either gone into hiding, or gone bankrupt!

Regards
Paul
geraint
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case you're reading this Chetan, here's a copy of an e-mail I just sent you via your website. I'm posting it here because I'm concerned that my order is not going to be fulfilled, and I want to find out what's going on.

Quote:
I'm still waiting for my order to be fulfilled. I've talked to you twice, and each time you've explained that the items had been slow coming into stock, but would be dispached to me the following day. The last time I spoke with you, I asked for the items that were in stock to be dispached, and that I'd wait for the rest. But I'm still waiting. It's been 2 days since my last call, 9 days since my first call, and 18 days since I placed the order. What's going on?

Regards,

Geraint Jones.

TomTom for iPhone v1.9
starman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've experienced Handnav's incompetence too. They are really rubbish! I would seriously recommend avoiding them at all costs.
geraint
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've now received my order - 20 days after I placing it. Brodit mount, proclip and move clip. The Brodit mount fits my 2210 perfectly, and the power cable powers the 2210 and provides a connector so that I can charge my BT antenna. Fantastic.

TomTom for iPhone v1.9
lyserman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmm! Confused
After reading the review of the Brodit Pro-clip I went to the Handnav website and placed an order for a pro-clip and swivel mount at 10pm 5th April. I then noticed the mount that would charge my Ipaq and connect to my gps receiver via ps2, so I sent an email via their website and explained I had ordered the wrong item and could I change?
I rang them first thing in the morning and spoke to a most helpful man, explained my mistake and found he had already read my email and sorted it out. :D
I originally wanted next day delivery but was told that the vehicle specific pro-clip was not in stock (not the most common of cars) and would be delivered free of charge in 3-5 days.
On Saturday 9th I was emailed to let me know the items had been dispatched and they turned up Monday morning. Now that to me is great service from Handnav. I for one would fully recommend them. The Brodit is a class piece of kit too!

Tony B Smile
Shelly_UK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Surprised!! Reply with quote

:D
I'm surprised to hear such negative feedback.
I've had several accessories from Handnav for my 4150, ie mount, GPS receiver and memory. Chetan is a very friendly guy and has offered me really good advice, especially on my new Holux GR-231, best Bluetooth GPS I've had yet, beats tomtom's by miles!
Keep up the good work and advice Chetan.
Shelly

P.S. my deliveries have arrived within 1-2 days!
geraint
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the past, I've had exceptional service from Handnav. Chetan is always polite, and always gives good advice which you know you can trust. This time was no exception. When placing the order I explained to Chetan what I wanted, and he suggested what I need. I duly ordered these, and when they finally arrived were exactly what I shopuld order.

In the past, delivery has always been quick, even allowing for parts having to be ordered from the supplier.

This time however, it took a lot longer than usual. The two phonecalls I made (only one of which was answered by Chetan himself) offered two different explanations, which is why I was getting concerned about the status of my order.

I have no complaints about Chetan. My only complaint is with the quality of the feedback I received this time round. If I'd been sent an e-mail explaining the delay and offering a more realistic delivery time (he always quotes 3-5 days), I would not have got so stroppy Wink

TomTom for iPhone v1.9
paulbo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to followup on my own posting above, I ended up filing a complaint with my Visa card issuer under the Sale of Goods Act as the goods I'd purchased from Handnav weren't fit for the purpose, and that Handnav were unable and unwilling to sort out the problem.

It seems that they may have done a clawback from Handnav, as my account has just been credited for the wrongly supplied parts. If Handnav want them back, I'm more than happy to send them in, they just need to get in touch (which they've failed to do so far...).

I know other people might be very happy with Handnav: this is just my experience of them, and hopefully not indicative of the way they treat all their customers. That said, I wouldn't touch them again with a barge pole - sorry!

Chetan: your site is great, your products good, but I'm afraid your customer service has let you down badly. There's no excuse for ignoring your customers, and telling them blatantly that you're going to do something and then simply not doing it.
Shelly_UK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it very hard to believe he's not been answering his calls/emails. I've called twice this week regarding a problem with my sat nav and got through near enough straight away. The first time I did get through to a lady but after holding a few minutes I was transferred to Chetan.
Thankfully, yet again my problem was solved - Top Service! Smile

Can I ask how the mount was not fit for purpose? I was planning to get a brodit mount soon but there seemed to be too many to choose from that i've not got my head around it yet, so i've stuck with my tomtom 4150 mount! Confused
paulbo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mount was described as being suitable for a Chevrolet/Daewoo Lacetti. When it arrived, it was for a Chevrolet/Daewoo Nubira. The two cars have totally different internal vents. Even though I told Chetan this, he insisted I try it. I refused, because once the package was opened, it would be even more difficult to return the product.

I know the vents are different, because (a) I work for Chevrolet and thus have access to both vehicles and (b) I spent some considerable time chasing down Brodit (the manfacturer) and Nemesis (the UK importer).

The latter advised that the information on Handnav's site was incorrect. I did manage to get through to Chetan, and he promised an email with the returns procedure... that, however, was the last time I manged to get through. No email arrived, and my calls after that got the busy tone or simply weren't answered. Maybe he's checking my caller ID? Who know... My emails weren't ever answered, even after I threatened to involve my credit card company under the Sale of Goods Act.

As I said, it was just my personal experience, and he must be doing something right or he'd already be out of business! Clearly, however, I'm not the only person to get bad customer service from him.

The Brodit mounts themselves have received very good reviews, both here and elsewhere, and from a cursory inspection - remember, it's still sealed in it's package - it seems to be of very good quality. If only it fitted! I've now made do with a home-fashioned solution with cable-ties into the air-vent, until Brodit come up with the right design.

Chetan: if you want this mount back, please contact me with the returns procedure. I'm happy to send it back: just get in touch, please.
handnav
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul,

Firstly, let me apologize for the experience you had with Handnav Technology Limited relating your order.

Now with two extra staff, we have addressed many issues that needed attention and have greatly improved in many areas and will continue to do so. We are hoping to reach our targets and have successfully achieved in many areas in past few weeks.

Please email me your details and I will certainly resolve this matter very quickly.

Regards
-Nina
paulbo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a final update on this... Handnav have now refunded the entire value of my order (£49.98), presumably as compensation for the hassle I've been through with them, for which I'm grateful.

I'm pleased to report that this whole incident is now concluded to far in excess of my satusfaction.
Dohnut
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have been having problems with HandNav.

I ordered a Brodit Pda Holder and Clip together with a Charger for my Ipaq 4150. All items arrived in a reasonable time scale. The holder was installed in my car and all was very nice, clean and tidy.

Only small problem was that the charger was for a Ipaq 3800/3900, and the charging plug did not lock into the holder. This at first did not seem to be enough of a problem to return the unit. However after a day my 4150 failed to charge when inserted in the holder, no amount of jiggling about with the plug would make it work. So I contacted HandNav, by email. No reply so another email was sent off to them.

Next day I recieved an email to send the charger back to them on their returns form. This was sent back to them 2 1/2 weeks ago, as of this date there has been no responce from HandNav.

I have tried today several times to phone them on both phone numbers, no reply just ringing and ringing, or an answer which from previous experience has met with no responce from HandNav.

Two emails have now been sent off to HandNav, I am not very hopeful for any reply from them.

Should you read this post HandNav, may I say that ignoring your customers is not the way to conduct your business.

May I also say that I also posted a Gps reciever back tp Total Gps at the same time as I sent the holder back to HandNav. Posted on Monday recieved at Total Gps on Tuesday, new replacement unit back through my letter box on Wednesday, excellent service.

Take note HandNav. You have my £69.99 all I have asked up to now is a reply to my email.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: