Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Please Help. Leadtek 9537 Hp Ipaq Connection
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Please Help. Leadtek 9537 Hp Ipaq Connection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clivep078
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Please Help. Leadtek 9537 Hp Ipaq Connection Reply with quote

Hi
Just got a new Leadtek. Problem is no data on the PDA .

Bluetooth set up for a serial connection, paired ok with 0000 and locks on to the Leadtek to give solid blue. No encryption. Passkey required. serial service enabled and no authorization. (except passkey.) Double click shortcut to start service and BT manager says active connection. (No bytes ever sent or received though). the service offered to the PDA from the Leadtek is serial 2b406a. (assuming this is normal for NMEA)

Green light flashes on leadtek continuously indicating a fix i think.
Tried Tom tom gps and Leadtek navigator and set to NMEA v2 38400. (and tried all others). Still no communictions on my screen.

So I think BT Physical is ok and Sat reception ok.

Therefore I think I am looking at a higher layer connection issue like Com port.

In winfast Navigator i Get "Connect..." which apparently means protocol Parser fails. (ie com port issue)

When I try to send a command from winfast of cold start, which seems to have worked for some in this forum, I gets SIRF 101 error. (i guess again this could mean it couldn't handshake with the leadtek at the application level.

My BT com ports on the PDA are set to inbound com port 4 and outbound com 7. Default device for outgoing serial connections on the PDA is the Leadtek. It has been suggested to me that I need to use com ports 5 or 8, but these seem fixed in my BT serial port settings screen.

Do you think this is my problem and how could I change these BT com ports on my pda?

Any help Really really appreciated.

Cheers

c
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outbound COM7 is the port to use. If you still can't connect your receiver may be set to SiRF mode - use WinFast (on the PPC) or SirfDemo (on a PC) to change it back to NMEA 38400

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
clivep078
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lutz
Your help is much appreciated. In the end I tracked the issue to a Tomtom bug which means it does not give you all the port options to select on an iPaq 6300. No wonder I could not find it. This was also masking the leadtek sw working. Since I loaded the Tomtom fix everything is fine and the Leadtek performance is excellent. Your quick support helped though and i will returm to pgpsw many times again. Thanks. Clive. www.yourwebfinder.co.uk

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: