Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Using Medion PNA100 on a motorbike
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Using Medion PNA100 on a motorbike

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plusman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Using Medion PNA100 on a motorbike Reply with quote

I'd like to use my Medion PNA 100 (MD95270) on my motorbike, but want to connect it into the battery power supply (so that I can keep the PDA on all the time for directions and not run out of power).

Has anybody done this, or know how to do it. I guess I need some form of cable (and perhaps a voltage converter with a fuse).

Any suggestions???
Thanks
bikageboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, im planning on using mine for the same thing.

only trouble is - i cant really find anyhting to mount it to on my CBR6 , so looks like it will have to live in my tank-bag.

what your best doing is getting a lighter plug adaptor to run off your battery and using it that way.
pharmamike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've installed a PNA175 on my ST1100. I just drilled the plastic cover over the handlebar mounts and screwed through it from behind into the PNA175 mounting frame. I then wired a fused accessory cigar lighter socket into the left fairing pocket so that it is always live and use the 12v cigar lighter adapter that comes with the GPS. Sound goes from the headphone socket into my bike soundsystem and up to my in-helmet speakers. Works a treat, but the screen isn't really good enough for bright sunlight (not that you want your eyes off the road for that long anyway). Got me straight to a country house hotel down some Staffordshire lanes for a conference last week with not trouble. Expensive-car drivers with built-in GPS said that their systems ran out of road before they within a mile of the place!
bigbob
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
just finished 3500 miles around Europe and one thing I found out was not to put PNA in map compartment of tankbag because all you wil get is a reflection of the sky it is better if you can mount it at a 45 deg angle so you can see the screen.

cheers Bob

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: