Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Medion users have got me mystified
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Medion users have got me mystified

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Medion users have got me mystified Reply with quote

Some new Medion users have got me mystified, nearly every day someone asks how to hack one of their pna units so that they can use TomTom on it, why do you / they buy a pna when they could buy a PDA and use almost all of the different gps packages! Rolling Eyes Exclamation
xnaught
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Medion users have got me mystified Reply with quote

Pocketgps wrote:
Some new Medion users have got me mystified, nearly every day someone asks how to hack one of their pna units so that they can use TomTom on it, why do you / they buy a pna when they could buy a PDA and use almost all of the different gps packages! Rolling Eyes Exclamation

Because not everyone knows about what PDA's can do etc....

I myself know nothing about PDA's, GPS or anything like it.....

I saw an advert for Medion from halfords....deceided that its something i would like to get and bought it.....When i searched the net i found that you can hack em and put other stuff on them...hence the reason i'm trying to put tomtom on it...its was not my intention to buy a medion for tomtom...i just wanted sat nav but did not have the cash to get the cheapest tomtom.

If i had known about being able to use PDA's to do it i might have gone down that path...maybe next time...Laughing Out Loud
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

halfords are knocking the medion out at £279 this weekend someone going out to halfords who wants satnav will see it as an impulse buy at that price and wont even look at what it is or what the others can ie a pda can do

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
xnaught
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alix776 wrote:
halfords are knocking the medion out at £279 this weekend someone going out to halfords who wants satnav will see it as an impulse buy at that price and wont even look at what it is or what the others can ie a pda can do

Yep...thats why i did and now im involved with the GPS AND PDA world! ;) Laughing Out Loud
Jez_Gafys
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do some Medion Users have to crack thier ssytem to be able to use the TT5 software??

I have the Medion MD41800 (PPC250) and I recently instaleld TT5 no problems what so ever
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm correct in saying that the PPC250 is a standard PocketPC running Windows Mobile hence why TomTom installed normally.

Medion also produce other devices normally named PNAxxx which are not PocketPC's. These run WinCE, although similar to Windows Mobile it is not the same and hence needs to be 'hacked' to work.
xnaught
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
I think I'm correct in saying that the PPC250 is a standard PocketPC running Windows Mobile hence why TomTom installed normally.

Medion also produce other devices normally named PNAxxx which are not PocketPC's. These run WinCE, although similar to Windows Mobile it is not the same and hence needs to be 'hacked' to work.

Yep thats right....It runs windows ce but you dont have access unless you hack it..

its very simple as well

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: