Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - French maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

French maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tigerfan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: French maps Reply with quote

I'm looking to buy a France map for my TT5.1 Navigator, will I need to buy the western Europe maps, or does France come seperatly?

And can anyone reccomend anywhere for the best price?

Cheers
drrbr1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused I thought TT Navigator 5.0 came complete with all the Western European maps including France - certainly my upgrade pack did - 7 CD-ROMs in all.
Don't understand, therefore, why you need to buy a map of France separately unless you're running a Pirate, in which case - tough! If not - apologies.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you only got the uk sftware then youll hav to buy the french map but it could be worth going for the map of western europe but they will set up back around 120 quid or so

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Tigerfan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it's definatly a genuine TT5 (from PDA mods) it just came with the UK maps pre installed on a SD card.
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before accusations start flying around-

Existing users of TomTom3 had street level maps of the whole of Europe bundled into their upgrade pack to TT5 (for only £10 more than last year's UK upgrade from TT2 to TT3)

New purchasers of TT5 only get their own country (eg UK) and have to buy the other countries in Europe if they want to, just as before

Alix has correctly answered your question

Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you after a job robin Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Tigerfan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offence taken, honist guys!

Any reccomendations as to cheapest place to buy from?
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PDA Mods Street level maps of whole of Europe, £99.90 (inc VAT) if you already have TT5 UK
Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used
camel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know whether it's possible to buy the country maps separately? I only ever travel to France & Benelux, so don't need the whole lot at £100 if I can help it!

Cheers
julianbarker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With TT4 I had the same problem - wel lover £100 to upgrade to the map of Belgium and the Netherlands I wanted becasue TT would only sell them if I also bought Finland, Italy, Spain etc.

I told them to screw themselves and then four months later they brought out the upgrade where I got all those maps for less than half the price! They are just so stupid! If I got to Tescos to buy a can of beans, no one makes me but Tomato soup and a tin of dreadful beef curry at the same time! So why do TT?
pivotal_ts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked them last week if the already had the new motorways that are due to open this year in France, connecting Rouen to le Man & onward to tours, here is there reply

'As these roads are currently under construction the most recent version of Navigator 5 will not include them. Nor can we guarantee these roads will be included as part of future map updates. TomTom is planning release of a new maps updates service. More information can be found on our website. Click the PLUS services tab.'

If I buy a map book now it has the roads on why cant Tom Tom make this a free upgrade.
v8geezer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pivotal_ts wrote:
I asked them last week if the already had the new motorways that are due to open this year in France, connecting Rouen to le Man & onward to tours, here is there reply

'As these roads are currently under construction the most recent version of Navigator 5 will not include them. Nor can we guarantee these roads will be included as part of future map updates. TomTom is planning release of a new maps updates service. More information can be found on our website. Click the PLUS services tab.'

If I buy a map book now it has the roads on why cant Tom Tom make this a free upgrade.

I can confirm that the new motorway is included in the maps, we did the journey from Rouen to Le Mans two weeks ago and Tom Tom was constantly trying to navigate to the motorway still under construction.

However this was the only problem we had on the drive from London to the Algarve, Tom Tom made the journey so much easier than before and navigated us right to all the hotels and guest houses we had booked in France, Spain and Portugal.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: