Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigator hi-jacked BT stack?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigator hi-jacked BT stack?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chicago
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Navigator hi-jacked BT stack? Reply with quote

Kit:
Orange SPV M2000 (XDA IIs)
GlobalSat BT-388 BT receiver
TomTom Navigator v5.000 (4890)
Motorola HS 850 BT headset

First let me say that I had the headset paired with my phone and working. Loaded Navigator - had loads of problems pairing with the BT-388 receiver.

In my wisdom I decided to delete existing pairings (headset, activesync to laptop via bluetooth, connection to another phone) and then install the BT-388. Again problems with SPP but eventually got TomTom, GPSinfo and WinFast Navigator to connect and see sat info.

So you would think that I am as happy as the proverbial pig in you-know-what - well yes... but this euphoria lasted only a day.

Tonight I've tried to re-pair the headset with the phone using BT manager/wizard - and it's having none of it.

I've deleted the BT-388 pairing (brave under the circumstances), re-loaded the BT stack (as per thread dealing with TomTom 3 hijack) even tried Pocket bluetooth tools (which didn't work as the instructions said it would.)

No matter what I try, the phone will not see my headset.

H..E..L..P

Seriously, have any of you guys (or gals) experienced this and, if so, how did you get around the problem. Do I need to uninstall Navigator, re-install the BT stack, pair the headset then re-install Navigator?

Don't want to o all this but if it's the only way. I await your suggestions with baited breath - and a few gin and tonics ;-)

chic@go
chicago
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Apologies to the people at TomTom... Navigator did not Hijack the BT stack - simply a case of RTFM (read the "flippin" manual).

Yes with red face I can admit that I wasn't following the correct pairing procedure for the BT headset. A quick RTFM put this right - all is now working like a charm.

Regardz
a suitably remorseful chic@go Embarassed

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: