Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tom tom and medion navigator
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tom tom and medion navigator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
westentertainer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: tom tom and medion navigator Reply with quote

hello i need some advice can i put medion navigator on my ppc that has tom tom at the moment ,at present tom tom is playing up , i would change sd cards to suit program obviously but would they conflict in any way i have a ipaq 1710 many thanksssssss
ps73uk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be ok, i have a Mio 168 running both tomtom 5 and medion 4.3, it used to run tomtom 3.07 and medion 4.3 before that and going back even further tomtom 3.07 with medion 3.1.

Hope that helps Smile
ps73uk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to add, the maps for both Tomtom and Medion can be put on the same sd card with no problems atall in my experience.
westentertainer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just tried ,not enough memory on my ppc any ideas
ps73uk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what version of Medion your trying to install, but i know you can install Medion 3.1 to the SD card and it will run from it with no problems, i have never tried it with Medion 4.3, when you install it and activesync asks if you want to install it to the default directories say no and select install it to the storage card, it might work but as i said i have never tried it with Medion 4.3

Failing that the only other option i can think is maybe remove a few other programs from your ppc so you could fit it on. I have got tomtom 5 and Medion 4.3 both installed in the memory on my ppc (with the maps on the SD card) along with checkpoint, poi warner for medion, sprite backup and a few games and still have 14mb of memory left so they can definately co-exist on the same ppc.

To be honest Medion 4.3 isn't that good anyway in my opinion, it gives a lot of strange instructions to bear left a lot which can be very confusing and some of the routes it takes you are to say the least a little strange, a much better option is to use medion 3.1 which comes with the slightly older Navteq maps but the routing is much much better.
Paul
westentertainer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have had probs today after trying to instal on myppc tom tom crashed many times and stated memory low ,i had to do a hard reset everything was ok then exept i have lost my cameras, and voice warnings ,should have left things alone.......

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: