Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - XDAIIs useless rubish
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

XDAIIs useless rubish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: XDAIIs useless rubish Reply with quote

First off a message to the moderators, if you want to move this to another area please do so, as it could fit here, TT, or smart (read dumm) phones

OK try this for good measure, I loaded up TomTom vs5 again yesterday, and connected up a wired GPS unit through the serial port (remove cross from check box marked "receive incoming beams" in the Ir port settings tab - in order to use serial GPS) and it works the Bluetooth headset is fine and doesn’t mess up the GPS -
However before you rush out and purchase TT5 please read on. Last night I undertook a trip from Blackpool to the centre of Liverpool, approx 55 miles and about one hour in duration.
The XDA required soft resetting no less than 16 times on the way there - not easy when driving !! When I got there I needed to use it as a phone and got the no noise in headset problem - note I was not using the bluetooth at this point it was back to a "normal phone" (occurs on my unit at least three times per day) - another soft reset.
One other observation with the XDAIIs was its inability to charge up properly when running in the car cradle I set off with 85% in the main battery, a hour later it was down to 35% even though it was showing charging, way too many bugs in this unit for me to consider putting up with it any longer, one month on from purchasing it is going back to the shop and I don't want it repaired, or swapped for another one - I am going to go back to a standard phone that will work, I am sure under the trading standards the unit would be viewed as unable to perform the function for which it was sold - its a shame I like the design of the unit, and the functionality without having to carry around a plethora of kit, chargers, holders etc. but I will return back to my trustworthy ipaq-4700, in twelve months I have never to hard reset the ipaq, the XDA has had over twelve hard resets in the one month of ownership - regards all - Mike
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK appologies for the rant and rave, yesterday I took the unit back to the O2 shop who really did not want to know anything about the problems - "you only have 14 days - take it up with customer support" - which I did, first lesson if you have any problem with a new O2 unit get it back in the 14 day period. Customer support were most helpful and aventually agreed to replace the handset with an identical machine at the local shop, which proved easy (shame about 40 min on the phone but at least I got somewhere) second lesson use the support system it really does work. thirdly the shop assistant manager informed me O2 are no longer selling the XDAIIs with the TomTom package due to neumerous problems - that says something in its self. Loaded the new unit up with TT5 and used it today for navigation (3 hours), no problems with charging, GPS or phone usage all day, if this remains the case I will be a happy customer, perhaps I had indeed been supplied a faulty handset, time will tell - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: