Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TOMTOM 5 & O2 XDA IIi
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TOMTOM 5 & O2 XDA IIi
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nazimyounis
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: TOMTOM 5 & O2 XDA IIi Reply with quote

Hi
i have just read another forum that TOMTOM 5 is not compatible with the O2 XDA IIi can anyone confirm this pls. If it is not supported do TOMTOM plan to support this device in the near future?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Nazim
toibs
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nazimyounis,

Any chance of a link to this? The boss currently has TTN3 which works fine, but will be mightilly miffed if it doesnt work Sad

Cant imagine why it wouldnt work - cant see a reason why the software wouldnt work - perhaps it's a problem with gps connectability??

Paul
nazimyounis
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes no problem, here is the link

http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?p=125839#125839

went on to TOMTOM site and the XDA IIi isnt listed as compatible device with TomTom Navigator 5

http://www.tomtom.com/support/rightnow.php?p_prods=62%2C0&p_pv=1.62%3B2.u0&p_search_type=answers.search_fnl&p_new_search=1&p_prod_lvl1=62&p_search_type=&p_search_text=
neil54
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just installed TTN5 on my XDA 2i with no problems- program and voice etc in main memory (4Mb) and GB Map/ Postcode data on the SD Card.

Apart from the problems mentioned elsewhere about pairing non TT BT receivers, I got mine started and running with no bother. (solved the BT problem using the advice in other posts)

Also just to repeat other advice- if you have PostCodes on the SD card, make sure you have an empty TomTom folder on the SD card, or the program will still use 5 digit postcodes.
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neil54 wrote:
I've just installed TTN5 on my XDA 2i with no problems- program and voice etc in main memory (4Mb) and GB Map/ Postcode data on the SD Card.

Apart from the problems mentioned elsewhere about pairing non TT BT receivers, I got mine started and running with no bother. (solved the BT problem using the advice in other posts)

Also just to repeat other advice- if you have PostCodes on the SD card, make sure you have an empty TomTom folder on the SD card, or the program will still use 5 digit postcodes.

so have i got mine running but does your phone work ,i have to turn flight mode every time i use tt
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:D YES YES YES TomTom V5 works perfectly well with the XDA IIi, I have been running both V3 & V5 and have to say that V5 seems to have resolved a very annoying problem.

With V3 if I connected the device to the GPS and then tried to use GPRS connection for traffic updates the GPRS connection would hang. I thought this was a o2 XDA IIi firmware problem.

Since installing TT V5 I've not yet had to reset the device, TT v5 has not crashed, and the GPRS connection & traffic has worked perfectly.

The only thing that does not work is the 'Navigate to Contacts' which I think is a TT V5 problem not a XDA IIi.

I would recommend V5 & XDA IIi as a perfect combination, probably the best I've used in the last 4 years (By the way I don't work wor either o2 or TomTom)
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy-c1

Just read you post in more detail, the flight mode issue was similar to my problems with V3, it maybe a fluke but since installing V5 not had a single problem and its been two weeks now. I've not changed my operater, still with o2 works perfectly......
neil54
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speedcam: When using Traffic, do you keep the GPRS connection alive all the time? If not, have you been the victim of the GPRS reconnect bug in the XDA 2i

As a moderator in the Tekguru Pocket PC forum, I've been trying to solve the ongoing bug, that if GPRS has been used, then disconnected, it will often fail to reconnect until after Flight Mode has been engaged/disengaged. This may be a reason for your previous TN3 problem.

O2 have been made aware of this problem by a number of our members, but still insist there is no problem!

Andy: I have to admit that I've yet to use the phone while TTN5 is active.
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thing is this is my 2nd xda ,and still has the same problem ,when i did a complete hard reboot and reinstalled it worked perfectly until i put into the car and tried to use it with the gps then it all went wrong

should i take it back again ...
austen_wrx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speedcam,

i have just purchased an xdaIIi and it keeps locking with tomtom 3.07 everytime i use the phone or phone changes cells. I know this is a common bug after reading a few of the forums. I am very close to sending XDAIIi back and getting an XDAIIs as this at least works with tomtom, but i'd rather have the i if it works with v5. So have you made, recieved calls and driven decent distances with v5 running with the phone turned on without a problem? I have a wired Holux CR100 holder/reciever, what are you running?

Desperatly need answers as the xda has to be sent back tomorrow to be within the 14 day period!!!

I downloaded a copy of v5 just to try it out, before spending my hard earned cash on it, but i can't get it to install, i think its a back up, anyideas on how to do it as i want to test it before i spend my money!!
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a note on the xda and tt5 when in a phone call the navigation voice is muted and will starrt again after the call has ended

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
neil54
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Austen_wrx: i used TTN3.07 with the XDA 2i and had no problems at all with phone operation, but I was using BT GPS rather than wired. The original version of TTN3 did exhibit the problems you have outlined, but 3.07 should have fixed them.

Austen and Andy: I tried calling my XDA from another phone while TTN5 was active, and noticed that the phone answering took an age to respond, and although the buttons responded eventually, I got an error bubble saying the Call Can't be Answered (but the call was answered!)
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the xda2i works fine with tt5 and the cr100 no problems headset and bt receiver both with old tomtom and navman 4400

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
atherda
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Help o2 xdaIIi, keeps hanging with TTN5 and traffic Reply with quote

I can get TTN5 working fine with the BT, I can get weather and map updates etc. no problem, but everytime I try to update traffic it freezes the xda. This is a real pain as I have to do a soft reset each time.

Any ideas much appricated, I am still awaiting a responce from TomTom support.
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm getting a replacement pda in the morning as mine was playing up ,
1 i hope i can still activate my pda again ,asked tomtom if i could but no response yet
2 i hope traffic works this time ,but i will be 8O if it does

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: