Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Anyone used TTN 5 with X6 CF?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone used TTN 5 with X6 CF?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Artisan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Anyone used TTN 5 with X6 CF? Reply with quote

I’ve found the 6021 X6 CF to be pretty good over the last 12 months with my ipaq 2210 (it’ll probably break now Confused ) and despite the old adage if it isn’t broke don’t fix it’ I’ve just ordered the TTN 5 upgrade, but I wondered if anyone else has used it with the X6 yet?
Ice_coffee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the exact same setup as you !! all working fine !! when setting up your GPS receiver make sure the Rikaline is inserted then choose the
" Other NMEA Cable GPS receiver " option from the list in Tomtom 5 even though your receiver is not CF not cable. The next screen will show your rikaline in a list just choose that one
Artisan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Ice,

Firstly thanks for the info, and secondly thanks for letting me know there's someone else out there who’s using the same set up Clap

Art Me Me Me
kingdubber
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: help-newbie here Reply with quote

just got a Rikaline x6 cf card and ttn5. Hooked it up to my Dell X5 and installed tomtom. I have selected 'other cable nmea gps' then selected 'gps baud rate' 4800. options I have are 'socket cf+serial port re' 'usb cable' 'Com3' 'Native ir' or 'serial cable on com3'. Ive tried all the above and only 'socket cf+serial port re' lights up the reciever. But all it does is says 'no valid gps signal' no matter how long I leave it for. Drivering or stationary.
Is it possible the cf reciever is to blame or am I missing something?
Artisan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, well the TTN 5 arrived yesterday so that’s good, Jumping With Joy I followed the instructions that came with TTN5 and I have to say they are pants. Angry It took me ages to load the maps, I couldn’t find out how to format the (256mb) SD card so I just saved all the stuff from it including my beloved Digitools uk postcodes and then deleted everything. I then had to install the maps (199mb) twice. It seems that you have to attempt to install them just to get a folder and then install the maps again. I’ve tried the same with the postcode file but as yet it’s not working and it’s 4.00 pm on a hot Friday afternoon and I can’t be arsed anymore so I’ll have a look on the forum on Monday. As regards to GPS Signal I followed Ice Coffee’s instructions, scrolled through to “Other NMEA Cable GPS receiver” selected that and from the following list that appears found Rikaline CF and picked that. I didn’t have to choose a com port at all. Have you got the Rikaline installed when you set it up? I’ve got the Ipaq in the cradle at the moment and it’s now 4.35 and I’ve only got 1 satellite showing so it looks like it’s going to take a while so I refer to my earlier statement and I’m off home. Out of here

Art
Me Me Me
Artisan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for replying to my post but I’ve used TTN5 over the weekend and apart from not having the postcodes it’s working fine with full sat lock. It took ages for it to initially find them but after that no problem.
I’ve now sorted out the full postcode search by making an empty folder on the SD card simply called tomtom. Next thing I’ve noticed is that I’ve lost the voice ‘Jane’ Grrrr not sure if that’s because of the file I’ve put on the SD card.

Any ideas??

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: