Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom 5 worse than tt3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom 5 worse than tt3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomtommad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: TomTom 5 worse than tt3 Reply with quote

i know software gets reviews and everyone takes that review on board, however did the reviewer check to see if the 7 digit postcode work and how many hundreds of pois need to be missing before its rated lower, very sad owner of tt5 with so many missing pois (hospitals) i have started to do my own hospital database anyone else of the view that tt5 was rushed, i cannot have been road tested to its limit,
yes its pretty but shoddy compared to tt3 in addition the onboard poi warner is a bit limited on sounds because checkpoint fails to work with tt5 people use this software because of the vast amount of speed camera sites, now TOMTOM will charge you to download these pois YET HOW ACCURATE CAN THET BE if their embedded hospital poi database is incomplete you may want to think twice about a download fee from tomtom when it may be way off, like the embedded rubbish.

even hospitals that were knocjked down nearly 6 years ago are LISTED ON TT5 WITH A PHONE NUMBER come on tomtom get your act together

anyone else found yet more holes in tt5???????
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a breather (maybe some oxygen) and please don't repeat yourself too often. I understand you are angry but you need to give people the chance to understand what you say, and time to respond.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
sdharris
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats probably why he is looking for Hospital POIs.

I think it is too early to say whether TT5 has big holes in the POI database, I for one probably wouldn't notice as apart from using it for car parks in the UK.

I will certainly post here if i find anything else, but saying TT5 is worse than TT3 for missing POIs is a broad statement.
psneddon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never used TT3, only TT Mobile and TT4, so TT5 is more familar to me and I think the software is great. However I can understand why people who are used to TT3 dont like TT5. I think the POI's are good for what they are - you can't expect them to be extemely up to date. Think how much money it must cost to reference every POI in the UK along with its grid location and then keep it constantly updated. I am happy just having most of the banks, garages, hospitals etc listed along with the new phone numbers.
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can always transfer the list of POIs (hospitals) from TTN3 into the same folder in TTN5.
I had to do the same when they dropped Caravan Club sites in the upgrade from TTN2. It only takes a couple of minutes to do, and then you will have them back again and will be able to be a little calmer for your patients
Robin

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: