Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ACER UK Absolute rubbish Non-existent after-sales service
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ACER UK Absolute rubbish Non-existent after-sales service

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roywest
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: ACER UK Absolute rubbish Non-existent after-sales service Reply with quote

I have another post on here wanting a replacement screen for an Acer N30 having dropped mine onto a hard floor.

Naturally, with Acer being a well known name, I expected to be able to obtain a spare part (new screen) without bother from them direct. How wrong I was!!

I have now spent months trying to obtain a replacement screen. Acer have the most unbelieveably poor website and after sales service. The email link goes to somewhere else in Euroupe and you certainly don't expect a reply.

I contacted their uk repair agent ERS who originally said they could supply a screen. They even gave me a part number, but said it was out of stock and to keep checking.

This I did, frequently over many months. It was never in stock. Then, on my last contact with them, they told me that they no longer supply parts for this machine and to contact Acer.

I wrote by post to Acer and guess what, They sent me a letter with a telephone number for ERS (The same people who do not supply this part).

Ok so I have learnt my lesson. Don't touch Acer again. I thought about buying a new Acer from Argos for £170 but since all I need is a screen, I don't see why I should have to shell out on a coplete new PDA.

Well I certainly won't bother buying an Acer N30 PDA.

Please be warned.
roywest
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Acer N30 PDA follow-up Reply with quote

Just to follow up -

I wrote to Argos from whom I bought the PDA telling them that although it was nothing to do with them that I dropped the PDA, I felt that they had some moral responsibility for selling me a product for which the after-sales service is zilch, and maybe they should withdraw the product from sale.

After about 4 days I got a reply from Argos, and again, guess what! They inform me that they have been unable to contact Acer regarding a replacement screen but....and wait for it.... Here is Acer's telephone number. AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHH!!!!!

I've calmed down now.
StevenGourlay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

write them a letter and send recorded delivery and keep the tracking details and advise when you get through to them that you have sent letters on and quote dates and tracker details. If you dont get any joy contact Trading Standards at:

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/ enter your postcode to get your local contact within the goverment agency.
roywest
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now had an email from Argos giving me the contact address of the director to whom I can complain, after I wrote back to say that I cannot actually contact Acer.

I faxed Acer yesterday 18th July, saying that the repair agents no longer supply the part and asking JUST WHERE CAN I BUY THIS PART!!!!

So far no response from Acer whatsoever.
s_roberts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My screen broke on a compaq ipaq (3xx series) - no point getting it repaired, screen was £75 and the labout was £50 - and PLUS if something else if found to be broken inside you will end up wasting a lot of money. Do you know you can get a brand PDA for around £140 !! same spec as the N35 ?
roywest
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More follow-up

I have today written to Argos's Managing Director at Stafford suggesting that they drop Acer PDAs due to poor support.

I have had no reply from acer after my fax of 18 July, so I have faxed them again just now, including faxing them the letter I have sent to Argos.

Just out of interest I tried to telephone Acer at 9.00 am this morning and yet again, all that you get is a recordrd message saying that they are busy and cannot take your call!!

Acer's website says something about them offering world-class uncompromising service - WHAT A JOKE!!
roywest
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: A reply from Acer - sort-of Reply with quote

Fantastic news. I think!

I've had an email from acer. Before I get too excited however, I'll paste, verbatim, the entire email:-

Unfortunately we are having some teething problems with our new sales systems and will be unable to ship, query or order any parts for a short period of time. We will endeavour to have our parts operation working shortly and will, when ready, contact you via e-mail with prices and availability of parts. We apologise for any inconvenience.
-Luke

Oh well, it's the computer. I was thinking that they had crap after-sales service, but no, I'm now informed that it is all the computer's fault.

I feel so much better now.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: