Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom 300 or 500 and when???
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom 300 or 500 and when???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunter18
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom 300 or 500 and when??? Reply with quote

As discussed on another thread i am about to replace my Navman iCN 510 due to having a cracked screen and do not want another Navman due to poor back up service. As such i am pretty sure i am going for the new Tom Tom 300 or 500. Having browsed Tom Tom's web site i cannot see a great deal of difference despite a price hike of £100 for the 500. I used the trip planner a lot on the Navman due to my job and was very happy with all other aspects of it. Also want a hard case (any suggestions even if it is for another product but fits well?)
I am also in a quandry as to who to order from as i need one asap. Is there a definate release date out yet and does anybody know who is going to get first lot of stock. Any body out there help please??
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 500 gets the integrated map of the major roads of Europe, the additional bluetooth functions, a mains charger and faster processor.

So they say....... Rolling Eyes
sunter18
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forgot to ask, any suggestions for an extended warranty??
gjgm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

300 comes with a soft case with a hard front, so it will protect the screen but may not be sufficient if you drop it from a height.
300 is around-i just picket one up in dixons on the way home. You ll need another sd card-see my posting review. I have doubts that the remote is alot of use;either you can reach the screen, or i suspect for the passenger the screen is at such an angle that the remote wont work. Maybe if you use the mobile alot its an extra on the 500, but if not basic maps of EU for £100 seems a little useless.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: