Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Incredible !!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Incredible !!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdelecole
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Incredible !!! Reply with quote

It is incredible.

With the old Benelux Map, you had on the CD the choice to install "Benelux French" or "Benelux Dutch".
I was taking Benelux French, so that all the streets around where I live are in French.

I just got and installed the Benelux_Plus Map (From the Maps od western europe UPGRADE) ... and guess what ... you don't have the choice anymore in the language the streets are displayed. They are in Dutch by default !!!

Hos is that possible ?!?
Paid 70 euros for the Upgrade for Nothing ?
cdelecole
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the answer I got from TOMTOM, as well as the reply I did to them :

#############################################
Dear cdelecole,

Thank you for your e-mail.

You can enter Dutch and French street names as departure or destination point. It’s also possible to navigate to city centers by using either French or Dutch city names via “Navigate to City Centre” option. The only thing that is NOT possible is to select a French street names as “Crossing…”. Crossings can only be selected with Dutch street names.

With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team

#############################################

Rely I sent to them :

Dear sir,

This is not acceptable to me.

When I bought the original TOMTOM, I had the choice in installing the French or Dutch Benelux Map.

I decided to buy the upgrade PLUS maps, and so was expecting to get the upgrade of what I had previously. This is not the case. Instead, I just got the Dutch version of the Benelux Map, which is not acceptable for most of French people using TOMTOM in Brussels as I do (and many other people do).
I'm expecting to get something good for the price I paid.

I agree you can enter French street names to navigate to, but it is very frustrating to see on your display when driving all the streets in Dutch.

Moreover, when browsing a map and "clicking" on a street around Brussles, it is also appearing in Dutch !!!

You need to be very imaginative to know that the street "Rue de la Semence", where I live, is now called "Zaadstraat" !!!

Again, this is not acceptable for the price I paid, and was not specified in the huge advertising you did around PLUS maps and upgrades.

So for now please let me know If I need to post this on all TOMTOM related forums (mytomtomgo.com, pocketgpsworld, etc etc ...), to inform people,
or if you can come with a commercial, acceptable solution.

Best Regards,

cdelecole

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: