Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Does BT 338 really work in your pocket!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Does BT 338 really work in your pocket!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stevewastaken
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Does BT 338 really work in your pocket! Reply with quote

Hi

I am new to all this so finding vast number of options very confusing!! I want to get a pocket pc rather than dedicated sat nav but I also want to use it outdoors so wired gps kits don't really work.

Initially i thought a CF gps card would be best to keep it all integrated and portable but then I was reading about the bluetooth BT338 which sounds as though it would work in a pocket or top of rucksack? Basically can anyone advise on how well the CF gps works compared with bluetooth (and whether it would work well enough in pocket or rucksack etc.)

I am 99% decided on an ipaq 2410 with tomtom nav5 (when it comes out!) so am assuming the above will all work together too - does that sound reasonable??!?

Any suggestions of better solutions etc would be gratefully received!

Thanks for any help you can offer,
Steve
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stevewastaken,

Welcome to the forum! Thumbs Up

I switched on my BT-338, threw it straight in my jeans pocket and started TTNav. I have got 5 satellites whist sitting at my PC, which is 7 feet away from an external wall (and a double glazed window) on the ground floor of my house. That’s pretty amazing! In the vehicle it regularly locks onto 9 satellites and quite often sees 11.

Personally, I’d go for the BT-338 as it has its own battery (CF receiver takes power from the PPC). If you switch off the PPC the BT-338 will auto shutdown after 10 minutes, but this isn’t too much of a problem as the BT-338 locks onto satellites very quickly.

Bear in mind that TTNav 5 is a vehicle navigation package. If you want to walk then you may want to consider a topographical piece of software like Memory-Map. Thumbs Up

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: