Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mio 1GB card
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mio 1GB card

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wanderer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Mio 1GB card Reply with quote

I have a problem with my Mio. I recently bought a Sandisk 1GB card hoping to put TomTom 5 and the original Medion GPS program on the same card. I have tried several times to load the card via a USB card reader due to a fault with my socket on the base ( it is dropping out and charging and sync is a real pain).

The first folder with TomTom load but when I go to loads the Medion folder an error comes up that the card is not formatted. Loading Medion first does not help. Loading both together does not help. I have even been back to Asda and swapped the 1gig card for another. Same problem. The card was formatted on a Win98 computer because I read that pocketPC did'nt like XP.

Am at a bit of a loss.
marktapp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno if this will help...but you may as well give it a go.

I changed to a bigger sd card on my 268 - i just copied the whole of the original card on to the new one. Works fine and i've since added a load more useful stuff to the card with no probs (tomtom, ozi etc..). So try copying the whole of the original card to your hd and then on to the new sd card.
wanderer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: many thanks Reply with quote

Nice try mate. Already been there. Copied and backup all the original SD card and then added other items. I am not sure if the fault is with the card reader or my computer. Once I put data on the 1gb card I can use it in the PPC ok.

Thanks for trying.
Leif
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had similar problems with my TwinMOS Ultra-X 1 GB SD card which was sometimes "not formatted". My problems were solved by updating sa_usb_ser.dll.

Direct link to Mio168patch.zip containing new sa_usb_ser.dll:
http://203.66.161.9/visitor/fcabdl.asp?fid=121187234

If it doesn't work, go to:
http://service.mio-tech.com
FAQ
GPS
Mio168

Find this question:

Q It failed when copying files from sd/mmc card of PDA to PC, and how can we solve the problem ?
A Please copy update file to "window" path of the PDA, overwrite original file, then press Reset button to restart the system.

"update file" = Mio168patch.zip containing new sa_usb_ser.dll.
wanderer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Well Done Reply with quote

You Sir are a star player. Many Thanks.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: