Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Buying a France map for TT GO 300
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Buying a France map for TT GO 300

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Buying a France map for TT GO 300 Reply with quote

I have a friend who has just bought TT GO 300 - where does he buy a map of France. I have searched the internet and drawn a blank, including trying all 17 recommended on-line retailers for the TT website. Why is this so difficult ?

Tony
TonyD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed TT and they are saying these maps aren't available yet. Is this true, I thought they sold this product in France.
trevreyno
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only maps available at the present time are the ones that are included with the product on the sd card-which is specific to the country it was purchased in.
The new individual country maps should be available for purchase hopefully in the next couple of weeks.
Although the only place i have seen the new maps -listed is at Amazon (which is MOWE-)-they are giving a delivery of 1-2 weeks.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0009EPZMU/ref%3Der%5Fra%5Facc%5Fdp%5F2/202-8857927-8216611 Smile
PJEvans
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPS Warehouse are also advertising the maps for the 300/500/700
but state that they are awaiting stock

http://www.gpsw.co.uk/details/prod2693.html
TonyD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevreyno wrote:
the only maps available at the present time are the ones that are included with the product on the sd card-which is specific to the country it was purchased in.
The new individual country maps should be available for purchase hopefully in the next couple of weeks.
Although the only place i have seen the new maps -listed is at Amazon (which is MOWE-)-they are giving a delivery of 1-2 weeks.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0009EPZMU/ref%3Der%5Fra%5Facc%5Fdp%5F2/202-8857927-8216611 Smile

That link is to Amazon's "Maps of Western Europe" - surely this is not the same as the individual country maps to street level ?
TonyD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PJEvans wrote:
GPS Warehouse are also advertising the maps for the 300/500/700
but state that they are awaiting stock

http://www.gpsw.co.uk/details/prod2693.html

I'm confused by this web page. It appears that the £99 includes all European countries (because there is no way on the order form of specifying which country) - and yet I can't believe you get 8 SD cards included in that price.
Why is it so difficult to spend money :-)
PJEvans
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you'll find that the Maps come on CD's you have to supply your own SD card.

Apparently you will be able to buy a single country on a SD card for about the same as you pay for the 16/18 countries on CD
TonyD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PJEvans wrote:
I think you'll find that the Maps come on CD's you have to supply your own SD card.

Apparently you will be able to buy a single country on a SD card for about the same as you pay for the 16/18 countries on CD

Bu that website specifically mentions SD cards for each country but then gives no way of specifying which country
PJEvans
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a look at this link it might explain it a bit better, it's the accessories page for the TTG300

http://www.tomtom.com/products/section.php?ID=72&Section=92&Language=1

You can buy all the maps on CD or one of 8 reigions on SD card. The SD card were listed as Plug and Play so all you would have to do if put the SD card into your TTG and off you could go.

The GPSW site doesn't list them very well. They have the two options on one page.
TonyD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PJEvans wrote:
If you have a look at this link it might explain it a bit better, it's the accessories page for the TTG300

http://www.tomtom.com/products/section.php?ID=72&Section=92&Language=1

You can buy all the maps on CD or one of 8 reigions on SD card. The SD card were listed as Plug and Play so all you would have to do if put the SD card into your TTG and off you could go.

The GPSW site doesn't list them very well. They have the two options on one page.

Thanks, think I now understand it. I actually spoke to GPS Warehouse on the phone and they seemed to have no more idea than I did.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: