Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How many people are using the Treo 650 with Tom Tom v5?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How many people are using the Treo 650 with Tom Tom v5?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeProcter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: How many people are using the Treo 650 with Tom Tom v5? Reply with quote

How many people out there are using Tom Tom navigator 5 with a Treo 650?

Do you have any problems?

My problems are:
If Treo resets (daily), GB map needs to be re-activated. (Tom Tom were able to replicate this at their end!)
Have to use a work around to receive calls & keep directions on screen.

Both of these Tom Tom are aware of & say that they will be fixed in an update due out 'in July'.

Had to rename the Tom Tom Postcode directory on the SD card to 'zip' to get postcodes working.

v4.4 worked fine

I'm using my T3 with v5 at the moment as it's not worth using it on the Treo until the 'fix' arrives (Tom Tom gave me an activation code for it - site will only activate 1 device)
SFTreo650
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: I plan on it Reply with quote

Mike,
I plan on having your exact set up as soon as v.5 is released in the U.S. (Treo 650, Seidio 2100S, TT Nav v.5). I've had the Treo 650 for a while, but I've been waiting and waiting for TomTom to release Nav v.5. Sorry, I can't help you with any input right now on your problems -- I wish I could.

Some questions I have for you, if you don't mind:
1. How do you like the Seidio 2100S? I've been reading that many people have an issue with Seidio's lack of quality. Many issues seem to have been with the 2500's speaker. Does the 2100, without the speaker, do its job? There seems to be very few options other than Seidio if you want to have a wired gps (in order to maintain use of a bluetooth headset -- I have the Sony Ericsson 662).

2. What type of wired gps receiver do you have, and do you get good signals from it? Everyone seems obsessed with bluetooth receivers now and wired ones are an afterthought. BT receivers get all the new technology also: they have SiRF III chips and can track 16 or 20 satellites, while wired ones still have SiRF II and 12 channels.

3. Should I just order Nav 2004 (a.k.a. v.4.4, this is the U.S. version before v.5) instead of waiting? TomTom keeps pushing back the release date (with all the issues posted on this forum, probably with good reason), so many of us are getting impatient. I am thinking that it might be good to have v.4.4 around in case v.5 is too buggy to use. Also, the update in the U.S. might be free or fairly cheap, which would also make this route more affordable as well. Your thoughts?

I'm glad to see that the GSM update fixed your map activation problem. That would've been a big hassle.

Thanks,
Ed
MikeProcter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ed

The 2100s mount is great, but I use it with the TT4 for Palm suction mount, as I do not like looking at a moving image when driving - their gooseneck is ok but I prefer a ridgid mount. it just slides into place. no need to modify it.

I wanted the one without the speaker, as I had previously tried the 2500 with speaker for the treo 600 & cound not get on with it. it is huge & ugly & I didn't like the sound, so sent it back. Treo 650 speaker is pleanty powerful enough.

I also use the Seidio GR300? - the only one that seidio sell. I've not had any problems with it.

If you are going with this setup, if you can get the TT4 & carkit for Tungstem T3 (which the uk one comes with) I personally would go that route & upgrade to TT5.
SFTreo650
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Mike for the info. I will buy the TT4 and upgrade and will buy the 2100 also. Thanks again.
TazUk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have TTN5 running fine on my Treo 650, (UK GSM unlocked). The only issue I have is down to the Treo being BT v1.1, so you can only use one BT device at a time Rolling Eyes

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: