Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POISoft PostCode Search new program
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POISoft PostCode Search new program
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skinz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: POISoft PostCode Search new program Reply with quote

We have created a new program for postcode searches in TomTom, it can select a postcode in a second. It fully integrates with TomTom, allows you to create an intinary and save it and then load it into TomTom aswell or you can just enter the postcode into our program and click Navigate To and it will open TomTom and away you go.

Please see below link for details, we would recommend feedback -

http://www.poisoft.co.uk/downloadutility.htm
POISoft
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tis quite good
Robocop
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Price Reply with quote

Hope you don't mind me asking, but why is the PDA version cost so much more than the TomTom Go version?
I would have thought there would be loads more PDA buyers out there than GO?
Nomada
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Re: Price Reply with quote

Hi Robocop,
Robocop wrote:
Hope you don't mind me asking, but why is the PDA version cost so much more than the TomTom Go version?
I would have thought there would be loads more PDA buyers out there than GO?

I cannot speak by Poisoft or others. But at least in my case it is because I have a bill from TomTom vendor (Handango) for $233.83 that autorized me to redistribute TTNCom libraries, plus another for NSBasic compiler for $154.95 and redistributable libraries, plus another from OS for £5.000.
So I feel myself more than right charging more than those that only took George's OV2 files for free and are selling them.

Jose Adell
www.geopostcode.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will (won't) these add-on's be redundant with the new TT V5?

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Robocop
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, as far as I know it will be.
Nomada
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Oldboy
Oldboy wrote:
Will (won't) these add-on's be redundant with the new TT V5?

I think they will be in a couple years. Not now. Of course I'm speaking from a business point of view. I know there are always people that just want "the last", but usually there are more that want just the working thingy.

I will copy here some comments from one of my customers, I know him just for his emails, but they show him as a "quick thinker", at least for me:

Quote:
You need to find out how much tt will charge for their upgrade in may,if you keep below that you should wipe the board with it

I think you could up the price and people would still pay as long as it was no where near the price of tt3/tt5 all would be ok

Why should people pay for upgrade of tt if your prg is going to be cheaper and just as good

But you always get the people who wanna say they have the latest

Of course, just a dot of sand don't make a beach, but... helps.

From a point of view of professional use of TomTom, as I was doing as courier... do you never wonder why some times when looking for a place the spinning pizza thakes longer than others?

TomTom special way to handling with internal and external databases (OV2) is always related to the point where you are (if GPS signal) or the point where the map is, for every search.

So even if you have the city selected, and you start to write the name of the street it always shows in the list those records that match your query in order of the nearest to your actual position and a lot of times mixed with records that don't match but... they are closer to you. That's why sometimes it takes just a second, some times you get bored watching the spinning pizza.

This programs (read program, not overlays), my program, manage the database externally with just one goal, to find it as quicker as possible. And it does.

May be for you is the same, planning a trip in your home comfort but I have a increasing number of taxi drivers as customers, I cannot picture them telling to their customers... have a coffee mate, this is going to take a little... Of course, new machines, quicker, are coming, but they will work too quicker for me, doesn't it?

So as far as maps keep accurated and usable, as far as in this forum, or others, people are teaching how to install the new, more accurated (?) maps from TomTom GO to be used with TomTom Navigator, yes I think my offer and similars are valid for long time.

Do I need to speak about of thousands of pirate copies of TTN 3? Of course they are my business too. Exactly the same as the people that have a pirate copy of other expensive software, say Windows, Office, Macromedia, etc, as they don't have manuals they have books about them on bookshops and nobody ask them for the license to get the book.

On top of that these small programs can be customized and featured easily by customers requests, some times in just a few hours and some times TomTom like those features and put them in the next version...or the next... or.....

or may be I'm silly...

Jose Adell
www.geopostcode.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
nej
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the data fully licenced from the OS, so there won't be the same problems as with Niels's UkPostcode?
Nomada
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi nej,
nej wrote:
Is the data fully licenced from the OS, so there won't be the same problems as with Niels's UkPostcode?

Whom are you asking?
As said before only can speak by myself. YES. I'm just waiting for final signatures, etc, had the manager of new accounts in my office, went their place to sign contracts, etc. Even was given rules for logos... not yet permission until the last bit of paper is signed and stamped. But number of records and coverage will say you all.
Unfortunately it is a long process that takes several weeks, and bloo... Easter toke in middle.

Jose Adell

www.geopostcode.com
rinkrat
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone answer if the Tom Tom Go overlays of this will work with IPAQ rz1710 HP navigation pack and software ( what people are calling version 4 )

If so do I only need the tom tom go over lays or both sets of downloads ?
Cheers Rinkrat
Nomada
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi rinkat
rinkrat wrote:
Can anyone answer if the Tom Tom Go overlays of this will work with IPAQ rz1710 HP navigation pack and software ( what people are calling version 4 )

If so do I only need the tom tom go over lays or both sets of downloads ?
Cheers Rinkrat

Programs don't works with your package. I have asked to TomTom for this and they told me I need to wait for new SDK tools. But my program can be downloaded for free as trial, so you can try it and costs you nothing.
Overlays works. Sure you will have some in you PDA. Tomorrow in my advert for OV2 in Ebay will be Wales to be downloaded, just for people that want to try first be4 to buy.

Jose Adell
www.geopostcode.com
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomada wrote:

This programs (read program, not overlays), my program, manage the database externally with just one goal, to find it as quicker as possible. And it does.

My understanding of the reviews suggest that the Postcode search is built into the firmware. If this is the case, this would be a program function not an overlay, and as such should be able to pinpoint a position very fast. The overlay method is slow because it uses a ripple method of text search, reliable but slow!

Nomada
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Oldboy
Oldboy wrote:
Nomada wrote:

My understanding of the reviews suggest that the Postcode search is built into the firmware. If this is the case, this would be a program function not an overlay, and as such should be able to pinpoint a position very fast. The overlay method is slow because it uses a ripple method of text search, reliable but slow!

Your understanding is good, not your reading mate, as I was answering to Rinkrat, and his question was about add-ons, programs and Ipaq 1710 with TomTom 4.xx.
If we don't focuse to the proper aspect of the question instead of help we spread confussion, doesn't it?

Jose Adell
www.geopostcode.com
Nomada
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again,
Oldboy wrote:

I cannot believe that any Tomtom function will be built into firmware. Firmware, of course, could be extremely quick. But firmware is until now a very little memory chip into the machine, not able at all to store more than a few kb.
In the other hand that would suppose many different architecture for the same program for different machines. I cannot believe TomTom would commit suicide in that way.

Of course is a function, but sure will be built into the program and the program will be stored in memory, main or storage card.

If it was built into firmware how then TomTom Mobile users would have the program or their features, sending their Smartphones to TomTom to flash the chip? No they have just to buy the program in a memory card.

And any other user of every platform should send their machines to TomTom for every new release to be flashed?

Oh... come on!!!

Jose Adell
www.geopostcode.com
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies - for firmware read software. 'Confused'

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: