Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - If PDAMODS are so bad, why does this site still link
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

If PDAMODS are so bad, why does this site still link

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac_the_dog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: If PDAMODS are so bad, why does this site still link Reply with quote

As the title suggests - Isn't about time the link to PDAMODS was removed from the site.

Why is Pocket GPS World promoting a dealer that has had so many bad posts?
Memory-Map 2004 Region 2
Medion MD PPC150 cradle
Kingston 512MB SD Card
PDair Aluminium Hardcase
Parky
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we should expect Pocket GPS World to be Judge, Jury and Handman on this issue. Don't get me wrong I for one would not touch PDAMODS with a barge pole, but it's a commercial world out there, and to keep this site going, to do the excellent work they do, company sponsorship and advertising will be a necessary evil I suspect.
Parky
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Handman"

Wish we could edit our posts, that should read Hangman Embarassed
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: If PDAMODS are so bad, why does this site still link Reply with quote

mac_the_dog wrote:
As the title suggests - Isn't about time the link to PDAMODS was removed from the site.

Perhaps because, as in most cases, we only hear about the bad ones?
PDAMODS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Peter Smithe from PDAMODS customer service. Actually there are two or three customers out of thousands that keep continually posting bad things about our company on this forum - you may look at their user IDs. We try our best to satisfy the demands of all customers and to keep them happy, but unfortunately it is inevitable that a company will have a few unhappy customers despite trying our very best to avoid this. As you will appreciate most people do not post positive things about a company, but when something goes wrong people are quick to post this.

If anyone has a problem with the service they have received please contact me directly on:

peter.smithe@pdamods.com

I will do my very best to address any issues you may have.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: If PDAMODS are so bad, why does this site still link Reply with quote

mac_the_dog wrote:

The link you refer to is an Advertisement. Without these ads we could not continue to fund the site.

I would concur that you rarely see posts from those customers who have received good service but at the end of the day, who you choose to spend your money with is entirely your own decision.
paddywhack
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: More than a couple of upset customers Mr.Smythe Reply with quote

I'm not going to bore you by going into my tale of woe with PDAMODS! You can view the whole saga here:
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=109949

Needless to say they are a nightmare to deal with. They’re arrogant and have no concept of after sales service. They want your money and then to hell with you!

I don't criticise this site for continuing to let them advertise, so long as they continue to allow us dissatisfied customers to air our grievances.

If you want to see how Mr.Smythe really addresses a customers genuine grievance; namely having been sent out the wrong damn product, just read my correspondence with them at the link above.
elessar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so maybe there are a few poeple who repeatedly post bad news about PDAmods, and that may be a small percentage. But lets look at the the stats,

ITS A MUCH BIGGER NUMBER OF COMPLAINTS THAN ANY OTHER SHOP

People dont complain here for fun, they do it to warn other poeple.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: