Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Backup of MMC killed Tomtom software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Backup of MMC killed Tomtom software

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quilgy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Backup of MMC killed Tomtom software Reply with quote

I just got my Tomtom mobile yesterday, and tried to backup the MMC card. Mid-copy my machine froze and crashed. Now when I try and launch the Tomtom software on my 6600 it will not start and just returns to the phone menu. My computer will no longer read the MMC card either, so I think it is corrupt.

Can anyone suggest what I can do, I *really* want to get using it. I have sent a support call to Tomtom but no response as yet.

I am doubly unhappy about this as I was supposed to receive the unit last Friday to support me doing about 15 hours of driving over the weekend (my first in England). Unfortunately the courier lost it, and so my wife and I had to make do with an A-Z and dodgy Multimap directions. Ugh!

Cheers.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't get the card back, you can arrange for TomTom to 'repair' the card for you. You will need to be guided by TomTom Support, though. Hopefully you hear back from them soon.

One tip - to avoid losing it, make sure you record your TomTom Mobile Product Code in the Product Codes area of My TomTom.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: