Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - No 'Maintain POI' group in 'Change Preferences'
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

No 'Maintain POI' group in 'Change Preferences'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DocL
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: No 'Maintain POI' group in 'Change Preferences' Reply with quote

Heellpp please, folks.

I have installed the 'Application', MRE, Benelux, France and West Germany onto a NEW Kingston 512mb card and all is OK. I have added numerous POI's without problem and the 'Maintain POI' group is present in 'Change Preferences'. TomTom 'screen' comes up as App 4.4 OS:194. and 'France Navigator Map' is v314.

On another NEW 512mb card (Kingston) I have done likewise, from the same set of European Mapping discs; for Iberia, South Germany, Austria and Switzerland, and NW & NE Italy. However there is no 'Maintain POI' group; just 'Enable/Disable POI' which does not show newly added POI's etc. I've put the 'Safety Cameras' for Spain in the MRE map, on the 1st card, and it works OK.
TomTom 'screen' comes up as App 4.210 OS:98 'North-West Navigator Map' (Italy) v300.

Why have I got different 'Application' versions from the same set of discs??

Should I delete the Application and try to copy the v4.40 App to the second, Iberia card, start again, have another drink, curse or what??

I'm sure I took the App from the primary TomTom disc with the MRE and the Great Britain Map, but is it possible there's another App on the European mapping discs which I've used, inadvertantly??

I'm confused, and tired, so I'm off to bed!! Thanks for any help to resolve this puzzle.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The app version on the card may have been newer than the one on the disc.

On the other hand you surely have heard that there is a TomTom website where you can download application updates?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
SGR1913
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had the same thing, you add a new map and it reverts back to the software on the disc even though you didn't re-install the application. The easiest fix was to re-download 4.42 from the tomtom website and re-install it. It takes less than 10 minutes.
DocL
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
The app version on the card may have been newer than the one on the disc. . . . . .

Yes but . . . my card with France etc. on it, (added from the Discs) is version 4.40. {as is the original Tom Tom card.}
I do the same again, I think, for Spain etc. on another new card and it comes up v. 4.210.

My question was why?? Seems daft.

And thanks SG; some comfort to know it's happened to others, but presumably the 'Application' resides on the cards, as it swops over from 4.40 to 4.21 (and back) whenever the cards are changed.

Sooo . . . why do I get 4.40 on one card and 4.21 on another, from the same 'source' discs??? Still puzzled and confused!

I'll ask the Tom Tom site, but the last questions I asked, there, were better answered here!! I'll also 'explore' the discs to see if there is more than one 'Application' version, somewhere.
DocL
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Happier Bunny Reply with quote

Right folks,

still haven't worked out where the v4.21 App has come from, but no matter. Following the advice here, I downloaded the v4.42 from the TomTom site and now all is OK, as for the other card (France, MRE etc) which got v4.40 from the discs.

I'm a 'happy bunny' looking at the speed cameras all over the Iberian peninsula.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: