Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - cheap system help
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

cheap system help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject: cheap system help Reply with quote

I have been looking for a while now for a cheap sat nav system for my car. So far I can see the cheapest way is buying a nokia 6600 there going for abt £80 on ebay. Then I would then need to make the decision of buying the tomtom gps receiver and software in a package costing ++£’s or buying the items separately. blue tooth receivers tend to go for £70 and the software can be as low as £30 on a smart media card (both on ebay).

The only thing is I have never seen a Nokia 6600 let alone see gps running on it. Is this a reliable way of having a cheap Sat nav system?

There does seem to be other options using Pda’s and 02’s xda. But these seem to be more expensive.

I just want an un biased opinion and any suggestions on a better way of doing this.

What was the cost of your setup???

Sorry if you have had this question a thousand times I hate to be a newbie on forums
tracker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: info Reply with quote

First don't by the software of ebay (tom tom mobile). It will be only a copy.

The best way is get a new contract with a free phone i.e orange offer the SVP C500. Then tomtom mobile is about £160.

If you buy your GPS device from ebay, you do not know how old it is.
flasher
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

The nokia 6600 is a good phone easy to use,
it has a wide range of additional addon programs
main problem with nokia`s ya can`t use a bluetooth GPS receiver and bluetooth headset at the same time (whereas the orange spv C500 does support headset and gps at the same time )

£80 is about right for a second hand nokia 6600

using tomtom-mobile on a 6600 is easy to use,
simply plug pop the tomtom mmc card turn phone on , turn bluetooth GPS receiver on then start the app on the phone

it really is very easy to use

BUT ...if your serious about buying tomtom mobile then it might be worth ya waiting a few weeks as tomtom are bring out a new version in the next few weeks called tomtom-mobile 5..which will obviously be alot better than curent version

ps..i`ve been using the satnav on mobiles for quite a while now and find it very reliable

i can`t give an opinion on the pda/xda version as i`ve not used it, but i would imagine the satnav software runs the same

my setup cost me about £190 when it first come out, but ya can pick a full package up for about £160-£170...

Don`t be fooled with cheap tomtom mmc cards on ebay ya could end up with a pirate copy which you`ll not get product key or support from tomtom

hope the above has helped

using TomTom & CoPilot

Pocketgpsworld iphone cameralert app
Robboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the help

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: