Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Getting CoPilot to CoOperate!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting CoPilot to CoOperate!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikpro
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject: Getting CoPilot to CoOperate!! Reply with quote

I have had lots of problems with CoPilot since I purchased it 2 weeks ago but with the help of several members here I have now managed to get it working well on my XDAII - so here is what I did:

(1)The version I purchased was ...30 which by the postings on here is very 'buggy' and does not work well at all! Constant Lock-Ups and No POI's being announced. It appeared that rerouting or changing an option whilst CoPilot was running caused the programme to crash?

(2) I uninstalled everything and started from scratch

(3) Loaded software onto PC Only from CD-Roms and left Pocket PC out of Cradle whilst doing this.

(4) Installed speed camera database exactly as described on here and exported the Data to the C Drive of the PC (The only difference I made was I imported the cameras into the safety camera section rather than the custom section and used WAV FILES rather than Text to Speach)

(5) Connected the SD Card (256MB Toshiba) with no other apps on it via a card reader and transferred the files for CoPilot to the SD card and NOT VIA ACTIVESYNC. (Do not use SanDisk as they are sloooow!)

(6) Inserted SD card into XDAII and CoPilot install starts automatically. This made improvements to POI's but more importantly it stopped all Lock_ups......... IMHO Text to speach does not seem to be able to respond to numerous reroutes and causes the programme to crash.

(7) I noticed that POI's would be announced on an outbound journey but if you turned round and came back the same way it didn't re-announce the POI's - probably expected you to remember them and a probable bug??

(8) THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL - snowy stated that he had just received some new discs and they were version ...48; he had version 30 before at had loads of hassle. I also read that someone had downloaded version 48 from the American Website so I tried it and BINGO - it works really well. The only slight problem being that it can't recognise roundabouts and in the driver saftey screen says 'At Circle Take second exit' it still shows the symbol of the roundabout perfectly.
If you have Text to Speech it will also say circle as it 'reads' whats being displayed but the WAV files still refer to it as a roundabout.

Obviously there is a UK version of this version on the way (Snowy has version 48 on CD-R ) we just need to get on ALK's case to post it on the Website
gripp
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Getting CoPilot to CoOperate!! Reply with quote

nikpro wrote:

(7) I noticed that POI's would be announced on an outbound journey but if you turned round and came back the same way it didn't re-announce the POI's - probably expected you to remember them and a probable bug??

I have had EXACTLY the same problem since I bought CPL5 last October and have reported it twice to ALK via their site. What I find frustrating is that sometimes the damn thing works perfectly and sometimes it doesn't!

Lo and behold, yesterday I had TWO phone call from ALK asking if I still had the problem. It was obviously a new trainee who had been given the unenviable task of chasing up all outstanding bug reports and was more or less reading from a script. He said they knew about the problems as reported on this website and they were trying to fix them. He refused to send me an updated version of the CDs. All in all it was just a PR exercise and from my point of view achieved little.

I've now downloaded v48 from the US website and hope I will achieve the success that others have reported with this version. Hopefully a UK version will be made available soon.
nikpro
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now the Bad News!!

Spent the day testing the American version of ...48 and it is worse than the very poor version 30 (Thought that was impossible).

The Options settings have a mind of their own and change frequently without any imput from user??

BY GOD COPILOT IS AWFULL - If you have version 3.5 don't upgrade it's miles (sorry about the pun) than version 5

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: