Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Any help please?-TomTom3 Locking out
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Any help please?-TomTom3 Locking out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nigaramus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Any help please?-TomTom3 Locking out Reply with quote

I am using a Packard Bell Pocketgear 2030.

1) I had problems with TomTom3 freezing during a journey and having to reset numerous times.
After reading numerous topics on this board about SD cards, i decided to get a new card which is a Panasonic 512mb Pro High Speed.
I am still getting the same problem. Has anyone any ideas what to do please?

2) Also, as I only want to use my PDA for navigation, how do I uninstall other programmes on it. e.g. Excel,Word etc.

Thanks for any forthcoming help on both of these problems.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start out by removing all 'add on' software (CheckPOInt, GPSAssist etc.)and remove all POI files. Run TomTom Navigator by itself - are things any better then?

I'm not familiar with the Pocket PC you have, so I'm not sure what the issue may be.

If you can't find anything else to change, you may find things work better if you reformat the SD card as FAT32 with 2KByte clusters.

So far as removing other software goes, you can't - the applications mentioned are in the device's ROM and are part of the Pocket PC Operating System. They're not doing any harm being there. You can only remove what you installed yourself (Start Menu, Settings, System tab, Remove Programs).

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: