Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - NEW TO GPS AND PDA???
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW TO GPS AND PDA???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulie01
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: NEW TO GPS AND PDA??? Reply with quote

Hi there,
just aquired a pda (rz1710) and a gps kit for the same.... very new to this is there anything i should know, i have a sirf 2 gps and will be running tomtom and the speed cam software....

cheers guys..
SHADOW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Re: NEW TO GPS AND PDA??? Reply with quote

paulie01 wrote:
Hi there,
just aquired a pda (rz1710) and a gps kit for the same.... very new to this is there anything i should know, i have a sirf 2 gps and will be running tomtom and the speed cam software....

cheers guys..
running same system myself..,,advise u to buy bigger sd card as maps that are preinstalled on your sd card use up 100mb...not leaving u a lot to play with...i use a kingston 512mb sd card serial number..0447SG6012H...without any lockup problems atall...hope this helps Wink
paulie01
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have got a 512 card, was just asking for any advice or help, i use the safety camera software but for some reason it doesnt show up the red light cameras????
SHADOW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulie01 wrote:
i have got a 512 card, was just asking for any advice or help, i use the safety camera software but for some reason it doesnt show up the red light cameras????
..assuming u have dropped the pocket gps uk redlight....bitmap image+bionary+set up info files into your map folder on sd card..u say that it warns you of speed cameras..do u get an audible warning as well???..if yes then u already have checkpoint installed...this should warn u of the uk redlight cameras....have u looked through your tom tom poi listing to see if the redlight files have been uploaded to your pda...if they are there have u enabled them..go to change preferences,go to next screen and touch the maintain poi logo...in her u can add poi,warn when near poi,enable/disable poi......hopefully this will solve your problem..if not im sorry but i am new to this myself and only passing on info to the best of my knowledge....thanx.... Confused
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you have the hp navigation pack then checkpoint wont work with this version of tomtom navigator checkpoint will only work with tomtom navigator 1 2 and 3 and not hp navigaiton pack which i think use different software

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
SHADOW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alix776 wrote:
if you have the hp navigation pack then checkpoint wont work with this version of tomtom navigator checkpoint will only work with tomtom navigator 1 2 and 3 and not hp navigaiton pack which i think use different software
...hi am i right in saying that checkpoint warns you with an audible tone as you approach your chosen poi????if this is the case then it does work on this version as im currently using it...if checkpoint enables something totally different then i apologise for advice given....thanx... Embarassed
SHADOW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHADOW wrote:
alix776 wrote:
...hi am i right in saying that checkpoint warns you with an audible tone as you approach your chosen poi????if this is the case then it does work on this version as im currently using it...if checkpoint enables something totally different then i apologise for advice given....thanx... Embarassed
...alix776 it has come to my attention that this version actually contains a poi detection facility to alert you to upcoming camera positions..once u have them saved as a poi category in navigator..it therfore seems this is not checkpoint as such..so yes u was correct in saying checkpoint does not work on this version..but we do get audible warnings for poi's..a thousand apologies.. Not Worthy
SHADOW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulie01 wrote:
..tr this link http://pocketgpsworld.com/tomtom-go-poi.php that should sort you out.. Thumbs Up

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: