Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman 510 - A little advice needed..
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman 510 - A little advice needed..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Team225
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Navman 510 - A little advice needed.. Reply with quote

Hiya,

I'm looking into buying a Navman 510.

The navmans size is perfect and has a port for an ext. aerial which is good and a port for an ext sound source.

In addition it is very similar to the tomtom, ie POIs, touch screen, interface etc.

My only main problem is: They provide you with a stylus.. why would you need it? I've seen screen shots of the postcode/location entry screen, and from what i can see the letters are very small, is this the reason for the stylus, can one not use his fingers? advice would be great if you have any expirinces.

Another problem is, I've heard that you can't enter a street name with a "." dot, ie St. Johns Wood high road - If so how the hell do you find street names with dots???

Any advise would be great!

Cheers guys and girls.

stanshawe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 225, I like yourself am about to purchase a Navman iCN510 and after about a month of looking around and 'road testing' various models I narrowed it down to the Tom Tom Go or the Navman being as I only required a navigator and no use for a PDA, again after lengthy tests I have decided on the Navman. The graphics (icons) on the TTG are larger enabling you to just use your fingers (and mine are quite large) without too much trouble but the icons on the 510 are slightly smaller so having the need for a stylus but having said that you still can use your fingers. The thing that decided it for me was that the 510 had more to offer, you have grid references, topographical (sort of) maps as you say facilities for an external aerial and speaker, more compact for taking out of the car also you need the stylus for dragging on screen, you also have the means to avoid or use m/ways and urban roads, shortest and quickest route plus loads more which TTG did not have. Regarding the dot after for example St , I can't help much on that at the moment but I wouldn't have thought that to be too much of a problem as I would have thought it would recognise if you put for example St Mary's.

Hope you get on OK with whatever you decide on, looking forward to getting mine.

Rich
Alcaron
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 510 and street names with dots in them is accepted, sometimes even required.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: