Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Smart ST & TomTom together
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Smart ST & TomTom together

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmmoore1013
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Smart ST & TomTom together Reply with quote

I am currently running Smart ST v1.91 with my Navman 3400, and (thanks to an anti-static bag) everything works well. However I would like to upgrade to the latest version of something and, as I am sure you are all aware by now, even at the upgrade price Smart ST v2 costs way more than TomTom v2 (2.24 currently).

I was wondering if I can run TomTom 2 and Smart ST v1.91 together on my system ? Would I in fact want to anyway ?

Has anyone else migrated from Smart St v1.9 --> TomTom v2, and if so what are your impressions ? Is it worth the expense ?

Navman certainly aren't winning any friends with their current policy. Doesn't appear to make very good business sense. What is better, having your customer pay, say, £80 for an upgrade (which I would), or pay you nothing at all and buy from a competitor instead ?

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not too difficult to have both systems on your machine. Just be aware that the TomTom GPS driver 2.09 is a little bit too enthusiastic about owning the BlueTooth port. Some adjustments are required to allow other programs access to that port. Check the top of the TomTom forum for details

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin,

I don’t have any Navman products, so I’m not qualified to “compare and contrast” them. I do however have TomTom 2.24 and I reckon that it’s a pretty good bit of kit. Thumbs Up

I think you will be OK to have both TomTom and Navman products installed on the same PPC. However, you may only be able to run one at a time.

The other consideration is that TomTom may soon release the next version (TTNav3?). So if you want to migrate to TomTom Navigator you need to ask yourself if you want it immediately and then upgrade (may be at a cost) or if you can wait for the next version to be released.

The current rumour is that TomTom are going to make announcement at CeBIT 2004, which will be held in Hanover, Germany, between 18th and 24th March 2004.
http://www.cebit.de/

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: