Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Fugawi Version 2 data errors - elevation
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Fugawi Version 2 data errors - elevation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nphdigital
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Fugawi Version 2 data errors - elevation Reply with quote

Can anyone else confirm errors in the elevation data for South England in Fugawi version 2? If you go to Beesands in Devon and "fly" down the coast towards Start Point, the land falls away dramatically inland from the coast - there is an inland cliff running across from Tinsey Head to Prawle Point. It is obvious on the 1:50000 map that this is wrong because you can see the contour lines in 2D view. The error is also showing in the aerial photograph map of the same region. I also know the area and it is definitely not like that "on the ground"!

I have informed Fugawi about this via their website but have had no response from them.

Has anybody noticed similar problems anywhere else on the maps?
nphdigital
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After several emails and screenshots, I've finally persuaded Fugawi that there is a problem. Their response is :-

"Thank you for your explanation. We have reported this information to Intermap, the company from whom we license the elevation data, and it should be fixed in the future."

I'm now trying to find out when "the future" is and whether a patch will be issued to fix the current version.

I would be interested to know whether the Memory-Map and Anquet equivalents contain the same error!
nphdigital
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Fugawi have issued fix Reply with quote

There is now a new version available at Fugawi's website that fixes this problem. (Version 3.2.0.699).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: