Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TOMTOM 3 for Pocket PC
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TOMTOM 3 for Pocket PC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nazimyounis
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: TOMTOM 3 for Pocket PC Reply with quote

I currently have TOMTOM 3, do you know when the next update will be. I know with TOMTOM GO the software version is 4 ... thank you.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If TomTom continues with their update cycle then we should expect TTN 4 in spring next year.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had navigator from 1 to 3 and before that city maps and route planner - I'm relatively happy with ttn3 and don't see that much more can be added to it. The palm version poi warner built in is required on palms because of the os not multitasking - I'm happy to continue using checkpoint.

At some point TOMTOM and all the others have to get round to the idea of downloadable map updates - I'm happy to pay - they appear to have the systems in place with the traffic subs to offer this and now that broadband is mostly available to all.

Ian

(NOTE: IN THE UK BT HAVE JUST REMOVED THE 6km DISTANCE RESTRICTIONS FOR ADSL AND UPPPED THE LIMIT FOR 1mb CONNECTIONS - so if you couldn't get adsl before you possibly can now - I've just gone to a 1 mb connection which wasn't available before.)
dunno
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

map updates would be a good idea i've got the a21 bypass opening soon
Beefy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno,

Remember that you will not get this new road on the map info for probably a year after it is opened as TT gets it's map info from TeleAtlas. Also the info they get from TeleAtlas is usually old min 6 months.
Crocodile
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a theory about why Tom Tom maps are so out of date. It goes something like this:

"Hello TeleAtlas, this is Tom Tom. We'd like to buy some new maps please." :D

"Hello Tom Tom, you're in luck. We've just finished work on the latest data. It's all yours for £xxx."Laughing

"Oh dear, that's a bit expensive for us. Crying or Very sad How about doing us a deal on last year's data? Twisted Evil By the time our customers realise the data is out of date we will already have their money" 8)
anarchy-inc
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beefy wrote:
Dunno,

Remember that you will not get this new road on the map info for probably a year after it is opened as TT gets it's map info from TeleAtlas. Also the info they get from TeleAtlas is usually old min 6 months.

This isn't always the case. Some map companies add data for roads that are due to be finished. I know this to be true as last year I got a new company car (a 406 Embarassed ) with built in sat-nav. The disc was dated "Spring2003" yet I was surprised to find that it already had the data for the modifications to M40 J10 (Silverstone exit). As the work was still not 100% complete when I got the disc, they must have been working with premptive data.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
dunno
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i know just having my own little gripe ,thats all , but it would be nice if they made the maps updateble every 6 months or so
Wilko
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even Teleatlas themselves tell us we need up to date maps!! (Even though there map updates are around the £100 mark)

http://www.teleatlas.com/template_content.jsp?ctype=navigation_solutions_updates&contentpage=whybuyupdates.jsp

Now all we need is for TomTom to catch onto this Laughing

At them sort of prices though, I can make do with my current maps until TTN4 is released on upgrade :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: