Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - IPAQ HX4700 and TT3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

IPAQ HX4700 and TT3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yogi-Bear
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: IPAQ HX4700 and TT3 Reply with quote

Anybody having the following the issues with the latest build of TT3 for 2003SE on the Ipaq HX4700:-

Slowness on loading the software (Startup).
Slowness on searching names in the address lookup.
Inability to use com8: for Bluetooth (Unless you use the Reg Hack).

I have configured the app to run on the local ram with map and also on the SD or CF card without any performance gains.

My old unit Ipaq 3970 run's far quicker than my new unit of which cannot be right as the old unit has a slower processor 400Mhz compared to the 623Mhz on the new unit.

All other applications on the HX4700 are ultra fast apart from TT3.

Anybody got any ideas.

Yogi-Bear

P.S Is it me or do you feel that updates on TTN3 seem to far apart. TT2 or TT1 seemed to have updates nearly every month (Bug Fixes or Improvements in funtionality), sadly this is not the case with TT3. They seem to be concentrating on other Platforms leaving the PPC out in the cold.
SHC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a problem with theiPAQ 4700 too. It starts ok but after about 3 or 4 minutes it freezes. the bluetooth connection is still there and am locked onto the satellites ok and I appear to be receiving data, but the map has frozen. Have to exit and soft reset and start again and the same thing happens.
walms
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had problems too! I think it is a bit slower on my Hx4700 than my 2210! I also had to buy a new GPS as my bluetooth one wouldn't work (Tomtom were nop help, but i have heard there is a BT update around!). Pretty bad that tomtom haven't got any of this problems resolved yet. Everyday for the past 3 weeks i have been on the Tomtom website looking for updates now!
japester36
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my hx4700 I am using TTN 3.03, GPS3.03 and Fortuna ClipOn GPS plus patch to map the BT com port to com8.

I don't have any slowness and the Bluetooth is perfect. No matter when I turn on Bluetooth or the the ClipOn on, then the GPS 3.03 reports comms and satellites after about 4 secs.

I was using a Toshiba e750 and the hx4700 is much faster in use but I will say that load time is about the same.

John

PS I too feel that the updates have dried up...... however I am not seeing too many bugs, in fact this is the most stable I have had it since TTN1 came out!
DavidMart
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

I think TT3 is not officially suppoted for the Win2003 SE yet. It doesn't work at all on my new ipaq rx3115.
BTW, on the 4700, which port is bluetooth mapped to? COM8? It's COM6 on mine (outgoing), and TT3 doesn't let me choose it. Is it possible to
change the port somehow?
japester36
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes on the hx4700 the port is mapped to Com8.

Have you tried this patch, in Dutch, that worked for the hx4700 and they also have one for the rx3715. http://www.pocketpc-club.nl./content.php?id=3441

You just copy the patch to your iPAQ and then run it from File Explorer by opening it. Follow this by a soft reset and voila, one extra option for Bluetooth on Com8 in GPS 3.03.

This worked first time for me on my hx4700 and I am sure the same would apply to the rx3715.

John

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: