Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Getting the Postcode POI's into the iCN 500
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting the Postcode POI's into the iCN 500

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RichardN
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject: Getting the Postcode POI's into the iCN 500 Reply with quote

Has anyone managed to get all (or some) of the full Postcode POI files (you'll find them on this website) into the Navman? I tried to do it with just one after converting it from a .OV2 file to .ASC. The Navman POI editor took forever to load the file on the PC and then just locked up completely when I tried to download to the iCN.

Looking at the TT GO forum they don't seem to have a problem with downloading them onto that unit although having all of them slows the system down too much.

All I want to do is have the local postcodes in. Is there a limit to the size or number of POI's on the Navman system or was I just unlucky?

Richard
RichardN
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, forgot to mention I was using a file containing all of the postcodes for one area not the smaller files which are split up into individual postcodes (e.g HG or YO). This means there are 220,000 entries in a file of about 8 meg. I know that is a heck of a lot but apparently it works on the TT GO.

Richard
Team225
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt advise it, my father tried it on his TomTom and it just slowed the whole thing down.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: