Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Does Holux UK answer their e-mail?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Does Holux UK answer their e-mail?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eeyore
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Does Holux UK answer their e-mail? Reply with quote

Two and a half weeks ago I sent an e-mail about problems with my then a few days old GR-230. Amongst other it has rather poor Bluetooth performance and I asked for information to send it in.

I wrote to tech@holux-uk.com but got no reply.
Four days later I re-sent the e-mail but got no reply.
Eleven days after that :x I sent it again.

Can anyone tell me how I can get them to answer my e-mail?

I'm afraid I cannot find this anything other than highly unprofessional.

8)
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible that they are either receiving a large amount of tech support emails or they haven't received your email. A lot of companies are employing aggressive spam filters and some email never reaches the intended destination because of this. I don't know if that's the case in this situation, but if you send me PM with your personal details and a forwarded copy of the original email you sent I'll pass it onto the MD for comment.

Also make sure you copy/paste the link to this thread in your PM so I can point him to this thread.
Eeyore
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
It's possible that they are either receiving a large amount of tech support emails

If that would be the case I'd expect them to at least send me an autoreply in which I am given the relevant information on what to expect.

Dave wrote:
or they haven't received your email. A lot of companies are employing aggressive spam filters and some email never reaches the intended destination because of this.

I sent it from the domain of a large and respectable ISP which takes great care to prevent such things so having been filtered out seems highly unlikely.

Dave wrote:
I don't know if that's the case in this situation, but if you send me PM with your personal details and a forwarded copy of the original email you sent I'll pass it onto the MD for comment.

Also make sure you copy/paste the link to this thread in your PM so I can point him to this thread.

I think I'll wait one or two more days and then I might take you up on your friendly offer.

Thanks.

8)
HOLUX UK Tech
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sir,

We have been unable to reply to your e-mail as your ISP seems to be rejecting anything we send!

Your original e-mail and our reply is copied below for your convenience.

We hope that this is of help to you and we look forward to being of service to you again in the future.

Best regards,

The HOLUX UK Technical Support Team
Tel: 0870 321 5929 x52
Fax: 0870 321 4029
e-mail: tech@holux-uk.com
web: www.holux-uk.com

Holux Navigation Aids ".......Get There.

=============
Dear ******* [name removed for privacy],

Thank you for your e-mail. We're sorry to hear of the problems you appear to be having and also in the delay in responding to your e-mail.

HOLUX UK is responsible for the UK market place and supporting both its own direct customers as well of those of its Authorised UK Distributors. Since you are in the Netherlands, priority has been given to UK customers and you have regrettably suffered an unfortunate delay! Your official route for your problems is to return to the dealer you purchased the GR-230 from and allow them to resolve your issue.

May we also respectfully point out that although you do appear to have "enough experience" of Bluetooth, you seem to suffering from a problem that the LOOX occasionally exhibits - that of its implementation of Serial Port Profile (SPP) which is less than satisfactory on some LOOX devices. Perhaps if you check to see if you have the latest ROM upgrade applied you may find that your connectivity problems are resolved.

Regarding your comments about LED visibility etc: The LED's are bright enough even under a blue cover and the fact that you have a dim one may suggest that you might have a faulty unit. However, since you have dropped the GR-230, it will be down to the discretion of your local dealer as to what the returns procedure is to be; please contact them for further information.

We hope that this is of help to you and we look forward to being of service to you again in the future.

Best regards,

Tel: +44 870 321 5929 x52
Fax: +44 870 321 4029

-----Original Message-----

Dear sir or madam.

I recently ordered a GR-230 via a webshop after reading a rather positive
review on www.pocketgpsworld.com

Unfortunately I have not been very lucky with my latest purchase. It
arrived last wednesday and I have been testing and using it since.

First of all I am not happy with the poor visibility of the LED's
espescially the weak GPS-reception LED which in fairly bright conditions
can only be seen when I hold the device pretty close to my eye. The much
brighter Bluetooth-LED makes it extra difficult to see the GPS-LED. In my
opinion it is bad design to place the LED's not on the surface but
underneath a (blue!) plastic cover. Maybe the Silver GR-230 which seems to
have an uncoloured LED-cover had been better in hindsight.

Secondly I noticed a less than satisfactory Bluetooth reception on my
Fujitsu-Siemens LOOX-600
From a Class-2 device I may expect a reception at least up to 10 meter. I
am lucky to get 5 meter with a direct line of sight. I have had loss of
reception with my Pocket-PC in a holder above dashboard level and the
GR-230 lying on the dashboard and when using it while walking I regularly
lose connection when holding the Loox in my hand with the GR-230 positioned
on my shoulder. I feel that at armslength this should not occur. I have two
Bluetooth mobile telephones, a BT access point and both a USB and a CF
BT-dongle for PC and Pocket-PC so I have enough experience with Bluetooth
and possibilities for comparison to conclude that BT performance of the
GR-230 is not that good.

I also noticed that I get a battery life of more than 12 hours which seemed
nice because 8 hours + is only given in the specifications but now I am
beginning to think this might be an indication of low BT-signal output and
therefore prolonged battery life.

Unfortunately because I did much more testing than should have been
necessary trying to find a way to get reliable reception when walking
yesterday evening the little thing finally got away from me and it dropped
on the pavement. It hasn't affected it's functioning but the cover is
damaged (it isn't closed tightly any more and two plastic "splinters" are
sticking out at one corner). You can imagine that on top of the problems
with this device this dit NOT make me happy.

The only good thing is that now there are more reasons to send it in. I was
doing all the testing in the first place to find out whether I could live
with it's perfomance.

So please give me the relevant and necessary information to return the
receiver to you for repair/exchange.

Kindest regards,

****** [private information removed for privacy] - the Netherlands
Eeyore
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLUX UK Tech wrote:
Dear Sir,

We have been unable to reply to your e-mail as your ISP seems to be rejecting anything we send!

Very odd... I get e-mail on that e-mail address every day. Either somehow you must have made an error in using the right e-mail address or you are listed in a major spamfilter-list. Something you might want to investigate. I wonder what errormessage you get with the rejected e-mail

Quote:

Thank you for your e-mail. We're sorry to hear of the problems you appear to be having and also in the delay in responding to your e-mail.

HOLUX UK is responsible for the UK market place and supporting both its own direct customers as well of those of its Authorised UK Distributors. Since you are in the Netherlands, priority has been given to UK customers and you have regrettably suffered an unfortunate delay! Your official route for your problems is to return to the dealer you purchased the GR-230 from and allow them to resolve your issue.

If you use the Holux name I can only assume that you are an in the UK located part of the Holux company. In my opinion if you use the Holux name you should fulfill the function as the European representative/subsidiary of the parent company. That should be the condition under which Holux Taiwan lets you use the Holux name if Holux UK is not owned by Holux Taiwan. Otherwise it gets a bit difficult for the end-user to know what is what.

After all... If it looks like a duck and flies like a duck and quacks like a duck... you know...

I bought the receiver from a webshop located in Singapore because I knew (or thought I did) that if I ever needed to send the unit in for repair or whatever I only needed to send it to the UK and not to Singapore or Taiwan. NOW you tell me that you DO want to use the Holux name but you DO NOT want to represent the Holux company with regards to me? This is not something I can find easily acceptable.
Use the Holux name and represent Holux to every customer or use another name I say.

Quote:

May we also respectfully point out that although you do appear to have "enough experience" of Bluetooth, you seem to suffering from a problem that the LOOX occasionally exhibits - that of its implementation of Serial Port Profile (SPP) which is less than satisfactory on some LOOX devices. Perhaps if you check to see if you have the latest ROM upgrade applied you may find that your connectivity problems are resolved.

I use the latest version of WM2003 and the loss of Bluetooth connection only occurs with the Holux receiver. All other devices I connect to with my LOOX stay connected (unless the distance gets too great of course) but loss of connection two feet away on my dashboard and at armslength when walking is really not good enough. And CAN the battery-life of over 12 hours be an indication of reduced Bluetooth signal output?

Quote:

Regarding your comments about LED visibility etc: The LED's are bright enough even under a blue cover and the fact that you have a dim one may suggest that you might have a faulty unit. However, since you have dropped the GR-230, it will be down to the discretion of your local dealer as to what the returns procedure is to be; please contact them for further information.

As for the fact that I dropped it. It has not influenced its functioning in any way. It performs the same as before the drop. As well or as badly if you like. So if it would appear that the Bluetooth performance is not up to specification this should not be made an issue. Also I feel that Holux is failing in not supplying me with an adequate carrying case e.g. like the one supplied with the Fortuna clip-on. Because these receivers are getting so small and you cannot hold them with your fingers folded around them because that would interfere with reception, by the nature of the thing the way you can hold them is barely adequate. Therefore a carrying case should not be an optional accessory but one that should be supplied as standard. Fortuna apparently has understood this. Holux apparently has not (yet).

I would like a carrying case comparable with the ones for mobile phones with a clip and a detachable cord. I intend to look for a suitable mobile phone case myself but have not come around to do so yet. I have since long used one for my Garmin GPS-12. I have both a Nokia 1610 case and a Siemens S3(-COM). The only case Garmin supplied/supplies as an optional accessory is a completely closed one which you have to take it out of to operate the unit. I also always protect my four mobile phones by using them in protective cases. That shows you that I prefer to use such cases for this kind of mobile equipment.

I have been using the Siemens case with the Holux receiver because it allowed me to wear it clipped to the collar of my coat for better orientation (more horizontal) positioned on my shoulder while walking, but it is far too big. It could hold six of these receivers.

If Holux had provided me with one I would immediately have started using it and would have used it with a cord around my neck at the time I dropped the thing.
Quote:

It will be clear to you that I feel this issue is not yet resolved. I will send you the text of this posting by e-mail too. If e-mails continue to bounce you could also use the private message function of this forum to contact me.
Eeyore
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been over two weeks now since I made the previous posting and sent it by e-mail to Holux-UK. Even if they cannot reach me by e-mail then they could have responded either in this forum or by Private Message. Since they have not bothered to respond I guess that now makes it official.

Holux (UK) does not have customer service and customer satisfaction high on their list of priorities and based on these experiences I can only recommend against buying their products. So far it has been mostly a source of frustration for me and it has reached a negative level that fortunately is pretty rare.

What a bunch of ........!!! :x

8)
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a things are different in the Netherlands, but to import directly from Singapore to the Netherlands (effectively a grey import) then to expect the UK agent to look after you is not very realistic.
HOLUX UK Tech
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sir,

Let's make this absolutely clear - you have not bought from HOLUX UK nor one of it's authorised distributors therefore we are not obliged to assist you.

Our priorities lie with supporting customers of HOLUX UK or its authorised dealers and yet we have made an offer of help to you. In return we have received nothing but abuse from yourself.

We respectfully request that you cease and dissist from any further attempts to disuade potential customers from buying from HOLUX UK when you yourself have not purchased from us.

To conclude the matter, since you insist on being abusive and offensive even though we have offered assistance to you, please take the matter up with whoever supplied the GPS to you for them to deal with the matter directly.

If you still feel that this is incorrect then please take the matter further with Taiwan directly.

We hope that this is of help to you.

Best regards,

Tel: 0870 321 5929 x52
Fax: 0870 321 4029

delboy0754
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLUX UK Tech wrote:
Dear Sir,

Let's make this absolutely clear - you have not bought from HOLUX UK nor one of it's authorised distributors therefore we are not obliged to assist you.

Our priorities lie with supporting customers of HOLUX UK or its authorised dealers and yet we have made an offer of help to you. In return we have received nothing but abuse from yourself.

Well said HOLUX UK, i applaud you.

You made an offer of help, that's what i call customer service. Most companies just don't want to know, or refuse altogether.

First

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: