Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - H4355 and Emtac problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

H4355 and Emtac problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Furiousxazn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:26 am    Post subject: H4355 and Emtac problems Reply with quote

I seem to be the only one with an ipaq H4355 here! Laughing Out Loud.
Well it seems like the H4355 can only use com6 for GPS but the Emtac Trine that i bought uses Com5...

Connection stays on for EXACTLY 8 seconds... and then Disconnects.
After calling HP support they told me that i have to use a GPS receiver that uses COM6, or try to change the Emtac's com port to 6...

I'm kinda a newbie to GPS stuff so if anyone can help me please post a reply!
Fieldgeek
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what the 4100 and the 4300 series have in common? The Trine is supposed to work fine with Com 5, and does, but only when another Bluetooth device is connected first. I have still to narrow this one down. I am in the middle of downloading Bluetooth dev stuff from Widcomm... perhaps I can find something... and fix a programming issue like I do with other major programs. Someone didn't do their flowcharts correctly!
Brandon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Udpdate for Trine and 4000 series connection issues! Reply with quote

For the users of the 4000 series iPAQ and EMTAC Trine Bluetooth GPS, there is now a firmware update to solve the connection problems you may have been experiencing.

Users with a Bluetooth enabled laptop can go to www.transplantgps.com/support.html to download the update.

For users without a Bluetooth enabled laptop, please contact support@transplantgps.com for information on how to get your unit updated.

Thank you to all of the members who alerted us to the connection issue!

Transplant GPS is a leading provider of GPS devices, handheld computers, and mobile solutions. Working with industries such as the transportation industry, precision farming, and forestry management, Transplant GPS helps to provide high quality, portable GPS solutions. Transplant is head-quartered in Rochester, Minnesota and can be reached at 507.529.0041
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
sjs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4100 series users---
did this patch solve all your problems?
i am considering purchase of this exact setup...
4150 Hp ipaq and an emtac trine and want to make sure they play nice with each other thanks!
Freppa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased mine last week and have no issues at all. Currently using Destinator as GPS software.
sjs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank u

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: