Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - That TomTomGo Thingie and Beginners Buying GPS.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

That TomTomGo Thingie and Beginners Buying GPS.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Liberace
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: That TomTomGo Thingie and Beginners Buying GPS. Reply with quote

Looks quite spectacuarly good. Is their anything else on the market I don't know about that's as good and seems as user friendly for the same price. At the moment I've come to these conclusions whilst stumbling around blindly in the dark.

1 I don't want a pocket PC as I'm computer literate, but not THAT computer literate if you know what I mean Laughing .

2 I'm going to use the thing at work (I'm an HGV driver) so need it to be reliable and easy to use (see no 1).

3 I need to swap between vehicles easily and quickley.

4 For the money, the TOM TOM Go seems ideal.

Many thanks for your replies.

Ian.
Liberace
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice to seeya made it m8 sounds like its the one for you at the mo

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Liberace
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Alix for directing me here, extremley useful sight this. I may be here some time Out of here :D Laughing .
Gus607
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a Tom Tom GO myself, can't fault it. I use it in a HGV, the suction mount is solid, never moves also the power adapter will take 12/24v input so you have no worries messing about with droppers etc. Would'nt be without it.
tomcat76
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ha.... Truckers meeting place... found you at last... :D
Ok guys in the same position as you but with no sat nav as yet Crying or Very sad I would also like it to swap between car and my truck bit like my Speed Camera unit so is it that easy to do, is it that good a unit?

My first post here and still undecided as to what to go for.... PDA or TomTom 'GO'

The only problem is....
I want voice instruction
Got to be nice and clear for me iffy eyesight (shortsighted)
I also go off road (not in the truck I hasten to add) and seen how they use the OS mapping software by Fugawi which when you are in the woods and shows the track you are on is superb...

I would also like to use it handheld when out and about... but maybe I am asking to much or that for all this you are looking at a top end unit with a top end price...

I don't want cables traling all over the place so how does bluetooth match up (the one for my mobile phone both Nokia units) are crap... always dropping connection and then won't connect...

Tall order I know..... maybe I should just go for the 'go'...

Comments...

Steve
Gus607
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly would recomend Tom Tom GO to you. Works perfectly in a HGV, no trouble at all. Don't know about off road though, when I'm driving on building sites there is not much on the screen to see !!!! The suction mount has never moved since I fitted it 3 weeks ago. The audio quality is superb hear it every time.Only 1 cable to connect , that is the power cable from the ciggy lighter. Regards.
moggy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone i know has that tomtomgo unit.
i wondered if you can add some of the software that we all add to our ppcs like the full ukpostcode & speed camera detection.
anyone know if its possible and if does, is it uploaded to go in the same way that you would to you ppc?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: