Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Excellent Expansys
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Excellent Expansys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danpen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Excellent Expansys Reply with quote

I recently purchased a Navman 4410 from Expansys, the delivery arrived, as promised, the next day.

The GPS was not what I had wanted (it turns off when there's no bluetooth connection and I wanted it for walks where my Pocket PC would not be permanently on), also the connection to my Pocket PC was unreliable to say the least.

I purchased another GPS from Expansys, it arrived as promised the next day. It was only then that I had time to try the Navman software, what a load of rubbish, the routes were ridiculous, bizarre diversions, it even tried to route me through a shopping centre carpark instead of along the dual carriageway conveniently located next to it.

I packaged up the software and the GPS and returned them to Expansys for a full refund, I received an email the next morning stating that the money had been credited to my card.

While this was nothing that I wasn't entitled to, it was a pleasure to deal with a company that takes their responsibilities so seriously.

Needless to say when I decided Co-Pilot was the right product for me I ordered it from Expansys, it came the next day.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is good to hear that you received such excellent service although I would hesitate to suggest that as neither the software nor hardware were faulty they were not obliged to refund you.
danpen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must have not made myself clear, the GPS continually lost connection, with both Bluetooth devices I used whereas the new one is rock steady.

The software is sold as routing software, it has options to take you the quickest or shortest way to you destination it's choices on both those settings were laughable. On a simple journey from Leeds to Leicestershire, set to find the quickest journey it tried to send me across the M62, down the A1, M18 and M1 adding 20% to the distance and 30 minutes to the time. It may be OK for finding your way round a city centre and I'll admit even it's routes would have got me there eventually but I'd argue with anyone who claims that's not faulty.

I realise it's not the retailers fault but it's not mine either and I hope they are returning this to Navman.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the same it is good to hear you now have a product you are happy with. CoPilot has the best routing engine of any Smile
Montmorency
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: Distance Selling Regulations Reply with quote

Quote:
It is good to hear that you received such excellent service although I would hesitate to suggest that as neither the software nor hardware were faulty they were not obliged to refund you.

Not withstanding whether a product is faulty or not, under the UK distance selling regulations you are entitled to return the goods to the supplier for a full refund within a certain time limit (7 days I think) - provided you did not buy from them "face to face", i.e. in store.

This should cover web, email, telephone, fax, telephathy, et al.
Mind you I don't think anyone has tested this with a supplier outside the UK... Confused

Chris
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Distance Selling does not cover software.
tOpCaT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting back to the original point, I'd like to give Expansys a thumbs up too. I just bought some stuff from me and it was despatched at 5:45 pm when I only placed the order online at 5:30 pm (the same day). This is great!
tOpCaT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HANG ON A SEC! I might like to retract those thumbs and stick them somewhere else.

I bought a Fortuna ClipOn from Expansys last week for £100.85 INCLUDING delivery. Now it's £130.95 with delivery on top! How did that happen?! I should have bought loads and flogged them off on eBay... :x
clivers
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expansys have been slipping the prices up for a few weeks now, so most people would be best looking at other online retailers who are offering much better prices. some retailer advertising on this site are quiet reasonable.
tOpCaT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit that I've only used them once. But they delivered the thing very quickly and I was quite happy with it.

I won't use them again though! Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: