Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Using Mapopolis in Florida
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Using Mapopolis in Florida

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kirium
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Using Mapopolis in Florida Reply with quote

Hi Guys, I posted a topic in another section of the forums regarding which sat nav to use whilst on hols in florida, Mapopolis seems to be the winner as TomTom appear to have lost their way a little over there.

I am currently running TT3 on my iPAQ and it was mentioned that TT3 and Mapopolis can "Co Habit" How is this acheived ? -- has anyone done it ?

I would really rather not screw up my TT3 install as it has been running faultlessly, but, if I have to, I can always back up my iPAQ and un-install TT3, install Mapopolis for the Holiday and then restore from my backup on my return, thus (hopefully) setting me back on the straight and narrow. I won't be using my iPAQ for anything other than Poker and Sat Nav whilst on my trip so I won't be over writing any Info (I also use my iPAQ extensivly for work).

I'm not averse to buying Mapopolis as it doesn't seem that expensive, I plan to go to Florida for 3 weeks May time next year and probably reasonably regularly after that, depending on how the kids (4 and 8 ) like it, which probably means I won't be allowed to go anywhere else ever again Rolling Eyes

Anybody who has experience of any of the above -- your thoughts would be appreciated, Thanks Thumbs Up
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all a question of the TomTom GPS driver. Make sure you use version 2.07 or 3.03 (but nothing in between) - the other versions are blocking the BT stack and could prevent Mapopolis from connecting to your GPS.

I have about two dozen GPS apps cohabitating on my Pocket PC, among them TTN3, TTN2.34 (for the US), and Mapopolis.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Kirium
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Thanks for your help Smile I,m running 3.03 so it's a systems go on that one, just another little bit of advice required though, I've been to Mapopolis webby and d/l the app, but which map do I need ?? By the looks of it you d/l by county not state, I'm aiming to go to Orlando (of course) Tampa and the last week in the Keys, so I reckon I'll need like 6 or 7 counties, and then load different maps everytime I change a county ??

Is there a "Florida" one I can get, as in all of it ?? (Storage won't be an issue) there are loads of maps on the site (obviously) and seeing as they are chargable I don't want to get the wrong one, as the only other place in the US I go is California...

Thanks for the Advice Thumbs Up
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you bought a subscription oif Mapopolis you can download ZIP files of entire states.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: